Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Water Sensor is Pink!Please Help!

Thanks

well just try a regular qtip without any alcohol on it first. If that doesnt work try it with at very small amount

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Just tried the regular q-tip, no alcohol, didnt work! Haven't tried the alcohol.

Thanks

your our hope!

Quote Originally Posted by hfdfighter View Post
    Just tried the regular q-tip, no alcohol, didnt work! Haven't tried the alcohol.
    please update if u've tried it with alcohol.
    any other suggestions?

so anything?
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-04-29 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

well if its already pink whts the worst that is going to happen. it stays pink? might as well try. i wouldnt suggest try if its still white tho. lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

well ive confirmed that bleach and alcohol with a q tip will not work.
    I'm completely lost and can't afford a new iphone, so can someone please help me?
    Would a dap of white out work?

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it that white thing at the bottom of the jack? If it is, I think mines still white...

Omg, Apple can be pretty fkn tight. But smart, I'll grant them that!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    I'm completely lost and can't afford a new iphone, so can someone please help me?
    try using mayonize
    Trying is the first step to failure

So humidity can turn it pink? Hmmmmm....god save you if ya live in Hawaii or Guam.

This is good info though. I had no idea that sensor was in there. I'm sorry the poster of this thread had to find this out the hard way, but it is indeed very useful information for the rest of this online community. I will now be using my Pod nano at the gym instead of my iPhone. Lord knows it gets humid in there.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

check ebay maybe they sell those little humidity dots. maybe u can just buy a couple and cover the old one. just a thought

http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-contact-Wa...QQcmdZViewItem
    i think this might work there cheap to u could just cut to size and sqweez in there maybe
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-05-01 at 01:35 AM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Try taking a small piece of tissue paper and sticking it into the headphone jack. Don't make it too big, or it will cover the connectors and will be too noticeable, just a small little piece will do it. Saw that somewhere on YouTube, forgot the link of course, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    Try taking a small piece of tissue paper and sticking it into the headphone jack. Don't make it too big, or it will cover the connectors and will be too noticeable, just a small little piece will do it. Saw that somewhere on YouTube, forgot the link of course, lol.
    Has anyone actually seen this done?
    Any comments?
    How would I do it?

Yes, there was a video on YouTube, but, YouTube deleted it due to "Apples Request". All you need to do is take a piece of tissue paper, place it over the top of the phone, grab a pencil, outline the size of the jack, cut it a bit smaller then you outlined it, and boom, stuff it in. It will be completely covered. Just make sure it doesn’t hit the metal conductors on the side, or it will be too obvious.

My GF dipped her phone in a cup water on accident a couple weeks ago, the indicator turned red, set up an apple mail in repair, had a new phone a couple days later. Try to setup a mail in repair, see if it works, worked for me a few times now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Success Story....make sure if you put a piece of WHITE PAPER, that you use a small tad of elmers clear glue to keep it down (thats what i used).....Apple is now taking an air can and blowing it down in there to dislodge any objects placed in it. I can assure you that this will work....the proof is in my phone....lol, my brand new iphone.

Me = 1
    Apple = 0

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Success Story....make sure if you put a piece of WHITE PAPER, that you use a small tad of elmers clear glue to keep it down (thats what i used).....Apple is now taking an air can and blowing it down in there to dislodge any objects placed in it. I can assure you that this will work....the proof is in my phone....lol, my brand new iphone.

Me = 1
    Apple = 0
    Hello This is great to hear man.
    Was it a regular piece of white printing paper or what?
    And how did you get it all the way down there perfectly?

Someone please answer my questions

anyone?
    Last edited by franklinromeo; 2008-05-05 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Man what luck, I just got my phone wet.

I didn't put it in the shower or anything (btw I always wrapped my phone in a towel when in the shower, I knew that big hole on top would be a problem).

Anyways, I dropped my phone on the ground on the way to work and I didn't notice. It's in a leather Belkin case, plus I was in a hurry. Of course on the one day it rains in 2 months.

So after finally realizing it was down there, I ran downstairs like Bionic Man hoping no one crushed it with their car, I saw it sitting on the curb. Yea it was still there, it's a gated company and I'm always the last one here.

The case protected the bulk of it from the rain though, so I ran back upstairs cleaned it up and inspected it.

It was on, I tried to play some noise or something, but it was all muffled. So I used the PC spray to get the water out. Did the job quite nicely.

So I got it as dry as possible. The sound was back... actually it sounded a bit louder. It was screwed though. It kept turning on and off by itself, not right off the back, but after 5 minutes or so... and it kept asking me to turn on airplane mode as if I plugged in a wireless FM transmitter or something.

Anyways, I've finally gotten it to turn off and stay off. I've had the fan on it directing it to the battery charger opening and sim card opening. It turns on fine and doesn't power down and give me error's anymore, but now the sound is gone.

Not ringtone or call sounds, just... system sounds.

Anyways, what's this have to do with the thread? Well, it's light pink... I mean really light pink. I expected it to be bright red.

We'll see how it turns out.

UPDATE: So after drying out off and turning it on and keeping a fan on it, seems to be ok... power wise. I was going to try restoring the phone to see if I could get sound back, didn't have to though. I got in my car, put the car charger in and made a noise. So I checked every other sound and they were back on. Seemed to "switch" everything back on.

I can't believe my phone has survived this ordeal.

Ok that's my little story.

:T
    Last edited by iPhoneMadness; 2008-05-06 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks

just get whiteout and stick it in there..

Thumbs down Post after post after post after post after post...
    hello?
    so anything?
    any1?
    any1?
    anyone?
    Your problem is not posting enough...you should be asking people if they'll help in posts back to back to back.

Enough with the multiple posts already. We get it: You want us to find a fix and positively confirm that it works for you.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-05-06 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

GO get one of those EPT pregnancy tests and use the little color changer inside it

Imagine the look on the Apple employee's face when instead of turning pink you get a blue line

"looks like the line says I am getting a new one"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast