Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I download files from modmyi.com and MANUALLY put them on my IPHONE

Default How do I download files from modmyi.com and MANUALLY put them on my IPHONE
    Ok guys Im sure I over looked it some where, however I need to know how to MANUALLY put things on my iphone. I have downloaded a couple of things from modmyi.com and I need some help as to how to get them on my iphone. Any help ANYONE can give me with STEP BY STEP instructions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks in ADVANCE!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to youngmryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's what the GUIDES are for. Look at the top of the webpage...

WOW....thanks for NOTHING SIMTECH......hints the problem im having.....I couldnt find that in the guides section....and I also thought that forums were people to discuss things and help one another out, not to degrade them and talk to them as if they're RETARDS.....thanks for NOTHING there GENIUS!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youngmryan For This Useful Post:

georgewilson (2009-07-11)

uhhh there are guides on ssh for windows and for mac in the guides section. don't get me wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that's what you want...its all there if you give it more than a cursory look...

Quote Originally Posted by youngmryan View Post
    Ok guys Im sure I over looked it some where, however I need to know how to MANUALLY put things on my iphone. I have downloaded a couple of things from modmyi.com and I need some help as to how to get them on my iphone. Any help ANYONE can give me with STEP BY STEP instructions would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks in ADVANCE!!!!
    I guess what you needed was "what to use for this procedure" so that you can go and search for it.
    well you need to use SSH to do that, unfortunatelly it is not as simple as drag and drop like in other brand phones. So you could searxh around the guides regarding SSH a bit. I haven't done it and don't know how to do it, bıt I learnt a lot from the guides here.

How to SFTP Summerboard themes 1.1.4

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.