Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-FI stopped working everywhere

Default Wi-FI stopped working everywhere
    First, I do not use a router at home

Wi-Fi worked fine on the phone for the first 3 months, but now, it reverts back to edge.....even though it shows a checkmark next to the Wi-Fi source.

I use free Wi-Fi at hotspots, dentist office, etc.

on apples support page they have a topic on this, they say it has to do with the routers MAC address filtering....that you need to enter your iphones address into the router.....well obviously I cannot do that with free Wi-Fi....and as mentioned it worked fine before

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Try resetting your iPhone Network Settings under Settings/General/Reset.
    Try resetting you WiFi base station or access point to factory settings (should have a tiny button in the back that you can push for 10 or so seconds or what ever your user manual recommends).
    Important Note:
    If your WiFi base is not a router (acts as a Bridge), you may be getting the IP address lease directly from your DSL or cable modem. Such device may be configured by your provider to serve a single IP and if you are already using that lease on your computer you will not be able to connect other devices to your Internet service. Then you need to replace you WiFi base with a WiFi router.