Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home button not working

Default Home button not working
    Hi All,

Been searching and could not find much.. Hoping others can help..

My iphone 'home button' is not very responsive. You have press really HARD on the button before it will work. I dont have the option of returning the unit to the store for replacement so wondering what options I have.

Is the sensor/pad underneath the home button just worn out? Or is there a known defect in the early run models? (bought mine in August 2007).

Looking on eBay there seems to be various dealers/people that sell a home button/flex cable much like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/for-iPhone-4GB-8G...QQcmdZViewItem

Will replacing this cable fix the issue? Has anyone has experience with such a cable replacement and could comment on how easy/hard it is to replace?

Kind regards,
    Alan

Depends if you've done it before. The iPhone so far has been the most complicated and most difficult phone to take apart. (Mostly because of its incredibly compact insides) If you've never doen this kind of thing before, it's not recommended. A slip in hand or anything minor could completely destroy the phone. I would suggest just bringing it into Apple and seeing if it's still under warranty first.