Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Locking up

Thanks

Default 1.1.1 Locking up
    I know I haven't posted a lot, but I've done tons of reading.

I stuck with the 1.0.2 until it seemed pretty solid to install with 3rd party apps. So I restored and updated to 1.1.1. Then installed BSD, Open SSH, Services, Summerboard, Customize, & iSwitcher.

Twice now I've had to totally restore my iPhone cause when an Install did not install completely I received an error then my iphone was inop. Im telling you all the sequence so you know exactally what I've done.

Im starting to realize that everything works fine until I turn on my BlueTooth for a while. Everytime my phone was inop the only thing that was responding was the dock. I could navigate through anything with the dock but still nothing would load. So I did load the Dock this last restore because that is the only way I got 'Customize' to work. Once 'Customize' loaded I unInstalled 'Dock'. Everything was running good tonight until I turned on Bluetooth again and I started getting the signs of the same lock up condition. So I turned off Bluetooth and havent had that problem for the rest of the night. Considering its only been a couple of hours I just want to throw out there that there is a bug somewhere & im trying to narrow it down.

These are the symptoms of the lockup I get when I have to restore:

iPhone locks up. press top and home until shuts off.
    Restart with top button.
    Get the standard apple logo then I get white verticle bars down the screen but the dock is the only thing that is functionable on the phone. IT seems its trying to go back and forth from loading to home but keeps on repeating. The only thing somewhat functionable is the dock But when you choose an icon it locks up and resets back to the white bars state.

I Hope this is descriptive enough for the dev team and if not please contact me and I can explain more and test if you want me to try to get this same condition again.

I have had this happen. Thinking its linked to apptapp or customize. restore through itunes fixes problem, no need to re-unlock with anysim 1.1 but do need to re activate and jailbreak.

Thanks

Well im glad this is not an isolated problem, but what I want to know is what else do you have installed besides customize? I really would like to keep customize but if that is the problem then I will have to manually configure everything. But at least we are narrowing it down. Just for refference, I used touchfree-alpha.exe the first time I jailbroke my phone, then the last 2 times I've used jailbreakme.com tiff exploit. So, its consistant with the 2 different jailbreaks.

Anyone else have ideas on why this was happening? Installer just came out with a new update and Im wondering if that addressed this issue. Do we know what bigs were fixed in the lastest installer update?

Also,
    Phone has been stable all day today. The onlything I did not install this time was iSwitcher. I did use my Bluetooth and connected to my vehicle and everything is still a go.
    Last edited by HitNWakes; 2007-10-31 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

11-01 Update:
    Phone has been working flawlessly. Only 2 things not installed from the previous 3 crashes that I had to totally restore my phone are ' Dock & iSwitcher '

My Bluetooth has been on and working fine also.

So, maybe it was the 'Dock' or 'iSwitcher' problem.

I never did trust dock, but I think your problem was probaby iswitcher. No need for it anyway if you have summerboard.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Thanks

Yeah,
    Its been 2 days now and I have not had a problem. Im staying away from 'Dock' & 'iSwitcher' .

Good things to know though! This gets sooo addicting!

Quote Originally Posted by HitNWakes View Post
    I know I haven't posted a lot, but I've done tons of reading.

I stuck with the 1.0.2 until it seemed pretty solid to install with 3rd party apps. So I restored and updated to 1.1.1. Then installed BSD, Open SSH, Services, Summerboard, Customize, & iSwitcher.

Twice now I've had to totally restore my iPhone cause when an Install did not install completely I received an error then my iphone was inop. Im telling you all the sequence so you know exactally what I've done.

Im starting to realize that everything works fine until I turn on my BlueTooth for a while. Everytime my phone was inop the only thing that was responding was the dock. I could navigate through anything with the dock but still nothing would load. So I did load the Dock this last restore because that is the only way I got 'Customize' to work. Once 'Customize' loaded I unInstalled 'Dock'. Everything was running good tonight until I turned on Bluetooth again and I started getting the signs of the same lock up condition. So I turned off Bluetooth and havent had that problem for the rest of the night. Considering its only been a couple of hours I just want to throw out there that there is a bug somewhere & im trying to narrow it down.

These are the symptoms of the lockup I get when I have to restore:

iPhone locks up. press top and home until shuts off.
    Restart with top button.
    Get the standard apple logo then I get white verticle bars down the screen but the dock is the only thing that is functionable on the phone. IT seems its trying to go back and forth from loading to home but keeps on repeating. The only thing somewhat functionable is the dock But when you choose an icon it locks up and resets back to the white bars state.

I Hope this is descriptive enough for the dev team and if not please contact me and I can explain more and test if you want me to try to get this same condition again.
    THIS SAME PROBLEMS HAPPENS TO ME, I HAVE A JAILBROKEN 1.1.4, I HAVE DOCK ON MINES, SMBPREF, CUSTOMIZE, PLEASE HELP ME...SHOULD I REMOVE DOCK, DO U THINK THAT DOCK IS THE CAUSING MY PROBLEM...PLEASE HELP

RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...