Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sound problem. Blown speaker?

Default Sound problem. Blown speaker?
    Hi there!

I have an iPhone 8GB 1.1.4 with an anoying problem. Sound from the phones speaker sounds horrible (distorted, noisy - think blown speaker), and I also hear this horrible sound whenever I speak to someone. Although, If I talk or listen to music with the headset, everything sounds just like normal.

Could it be the speaker that is messed up even though I'ts a crappy sound when I speak on the phone? Or could there maybe be a glitch in the phone?

Anyway, If anyone have any idea on what could cause this or what part in the phone I must replace, please respond.

Thanks in advance!

PS. I have tried to restore the phone but with no luck.

EDIT: I mentioned above that it sounds ok when I speak to someone via the headset, disregard that. It sounds horrible even through the headset. The only thing that seems to be working normal is when I listen to music or watch movies (ipod-functions). What the .... could cause this weird problem?
    Last edited by stylus.se; 2008-04-26 at 12:11 PM.

See what you have the equalizer set to under Settings -> Ipod
    For best results using the speakers, you should set the equalizer to "Bass Reduction" or something...hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ederoo View Post
    See what you have the equalizer set to under Settings -> Ipod
    For best results using the speakers, you should set the equalizer to "Bass Reduction" or something...hope that helps
    It's set to bass reduction but it still sound crappy . Thanks for the tip though.