Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contact ID won't display on calls - PLEASE HELP

Default Contact ID won't display on calls - PLEASE HELP
    So I unlocked my iPhone. I am running 1.1.4 firmware. When my contacts call, their information is not displayed. This is really frustrating as I have contact info, pictures, and ringtones. Is there an app or a way to get them to display? I used iSim to get the contacts onto my phone if that matters. Please advise. Anyone

Thanks

The only thing your SIM stores is the numbers and name. No pics, ringtunes, etc. For that you'd either need to set each one up individually on the iPhone or set them up on your computers addressbook and sync them.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

If you're on OSX, set up your contacts through address book and give each one a picture, should work just fine, did for me at least.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

iSIM imports your contacts in an improper format. You may need to edit the entries manually so as to make sure the name and last name are in the proper fields. If not, your CID will not display.

Mine used to work, but now all of sudden they don't work! Every time someone calls I get "Unknown".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

geezfools is correct... iSIM will import them but after you're done you have to go in one by one and change something manually.. then back then resave and it'll work.

For example... go to contact "john doe" 512-555-1234 and hit edit... delete the last digit.. save the number as 512-555-123... hit Done... then Edit again.. put the last digit back so it reads 512-555-1234.. and hit done.. and magically the Caller ID will work for that contact.