Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot sink my iphone!

Default Cannot sync my iphone!
    Since I have upgraded to 1.1.4 I cannot sync my iphone. I can send music and videos to it, however when I press the sync button to try and backup my contacts and everything else it says starting to sync and then it just stops. I don't get any error messages or anything it just won't do it. I hit restore and it asks if you want to backup your data first and I click yes and it does the same thing it won't do it. So I restored my phone completely with no jailbreak and restored from the older backup I had. Tried to sync and still nothing. So I know it is not because of the jailbreak. I tried repairing itunes and setting autolock to never. I am on a pc with WinXP, I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by JTik; 2008-04-25 at 09:23 PM.

What method did you use to upgrade to 1.1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by davkav View Post
    What method did you use to upgrade to 1.1.4?
    Put my phone into restore mode and did a regular restore from itunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't sink it you might need to attach some weights. There might be a bit of air trapped inside making your iPhone a bit buoyant. The weights will drag it to the bottom of where ever your trying to sink your phone.

PS. Learn to spell, lol
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    PS. Learn to spell, lol
    I'm pretty sure he spelled sink correctly. He just used the wrong homonym.

Quote Originally Posted by JTik View Post
    Since I have upgraded to 1.1.4 I cannot sync my iphone. I can send music and videos to it, however when I press the sync button to try and backup my contacts and everything else it says starting to sync and then it just stops.
    When you upgraded, did you sync it as a new iPhone? If so, your setting would have been reset. Did you check your Info Tab to see if it's still set to sync phonebook, mail, calendar, all that...?
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-04-25 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I'm pretty sure he spelled sink correctly. He just used the wrong homonym.

When you upgraded, did you sync it as a new iPhone? If so, your setting would have been reset. Did you check your Info Tab to see if it's still set to sync phonebook, mail, calendar, all that...?
    I don't want any of that checked, never have, I don't want it to sync to programs on the computer, I just want to update the backup of the phone in itunes. Again even if I hit restore and it asks do you want to backup settings before restoring it will not do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTik View Post
    I don't want any of that checked, never have, I don't want it to sync to programs on the computer, I just want to update the backup of the phone in itunes. Again even if I hit restore and it asks do you want to backup settings before restoring it will not do it.
    Without these options checked, I'm not sure it even will. The backup only stores your contacts, mail, notes and other things that you've done on the iPhone. Worth investigating.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Without these options checked, I'm not sure it even will. The backup only stores your contacts, mail, notes and other things that you've done on the iPhone. Worth investigating.
    I did just fine with all the other firmware versions I used. problem with checking them is you have to sync to a program in windows. I just want a backup of the settings in itunes. I guess worst case scenario I can just backup the .db files via ssh

Mine sinks just fine... sinked twice this morning...

you cant sink with itoons???
    oh my gawd!!!