Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone recovery problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone recovery problem
    Well just today I was sitting on the my couch and as I was getting up I dropped my iphone and it hit the floor. Everything was working okay until I noticed my home button wouldn't work. the only time it would work is when i was putting it into recovery mode or manually shutting it off. I tried many things thinking maybe it was just jammed. I pressed it multiple times and pushed down on the button as hard as humanly possible, and turned my phone on and off many times but, no luck. The next thing that bothered me was that in an attempt to plug my phone into my windows computer itunes and my computer would not find the phone. the phone will charge but it never shows the big battery indicating a charge, it just shows the battery bar in the upper right hand corner that it has fairly charged some. I want to restore my phone completely to factory settings but how can i considering my computer, itunes, and any other computer can't locate my phone in recovery mode? when i first plug it in usually a box with a list of icons will come up asking me what program i'd like to use to view my photos, that won't even show up now. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to restore my phone completely to get rid of all my 3rd party apps and then go to apple to tell them that the home buttons broke, seeing as though I can't go to them with a jailbroken phone or they'd kick me right out. If anyone can offer advice on what to do please speak up, all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you can get the phone into recovery mode like you said, iTunes should recognize it in restore mode and you should be able to restore back to factory.

Try Ziphone's refurbish utility, will bring phone back to OTB, HOWEVER....if Itunes and/or the computer wont recognize the phone then I doubt Ziphone will. Sounds like you could have possibly damaged the plug, knocked something loose.

Also, you may have luck at Apple even though your phone is jailbroken. You have a "hardware" issue.....so they may still warranty it....as long as they dont know your dropped it, cause that aint warrantied.

I had a charger toast my circuitboard and they exchanged it even after looking at my cool Summerboard theme

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You really think they'd replace it even though it's jailbroken, it's still under warranty as well? And I have Ziphone downloaded but it doesn't find my phone. Are there any other options?