Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange Outlook Sync issue

Thanks

Default Strange Outlook Sync issue
    Have been trying to figure the answer out to this but no luck so far. I sync my iPhone with Outlook 2003 on my laptop. Never had any issues until I upgraded to 1.1.3. I am now running 1.1.4 and the issue still is here. I have my Outlook profile password protected on my laptop so every time I sync, iTunes prompts me to enter password usually 3 times, once each for contacts, e-mail, and calendar. Since sometime around the 1.1.3 upgrade itunes will ask for the password for contacts first, I will enter but it gets into a loop of prompting me for the password. If I enter it a 5 or 6 times, then wait a bit then hit cancel, the sync will then continue to calendar and email. Outlook goes back to a single password request for each of those features.

While I have found a workaround, its still a pain in the neck. Why would this just start happening out of nowhere? One thouoght is that this may have to do with multiple restores as a new iPhone? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Open outlook first, enter the password, then sync won't ask....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-04-25)

Thanks

Worked like a charm. Can't believe i didn't think of that.

Interestingly, as I was trying the sync, I got an error message "cannot sync bookmarks because iPhone cancelled the sync". I saw the fix for that was to install the iClarified 1.1.3 sync fix from installer. I did that and all was well. On a hunch i closed Outlook and tried another re-sync. My endless loop of Outlook password requests was gone - back to a single password request for contacts, calendar and mail. I had occasionally gotten these errors before but not consistently.

Thanks so much for the workaround which helped me find and fix the underlying issue. (I did hit the thanks button too!)
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-04-25 at 06:35 PM.