Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone not responding

Default Iphone not responding
    Two days ago I jailbroke my iPhone with Ziphone. It was updated with the latest firmware, and all was well. Yesterday I started installing apps and such. I had installed several(I can't remember which), basic stuff, and it worked well. Then I installed BigBoss's resource package, and my phone immediately started acting weird. The background changed, the time changed(Four hours ahead), and it stopped responding to the touch screen. I let it sit for a couple of hourse, then I tried to turn it off, and it wouldn't. However, I can reset it, but when it reboots it just does the same thing. Now it just randomly restarts and shuts back down, and displays the notification about moving icons on the home screen. When I connect it to my computer, neither itunes nor the computer itself recognize it as connected. I would be willing to completely wipe it, if I could, just whatever it takes to fix it. Can anyone help?

enter hardware DFU mode:

1) Start iTunes and plug the phone in. (iTunes wont necessarily detect it)
    2) With the phone powered on, hold both the POWER and HOME buttons for
    six seconds. The screen should turn black.
    3) Wait two seconds while the screen is black and release the POWER button
    while still holding the HOME button.
    4) The screen will remain black, but after a few more seconds iTunes will
    detect the phone in recovery mode.
    5) Release the HOME button and proceed to restore firmware with iTunes.

if the restore doesnt work (ie it gives you error 6 or something, repeat the procedure to put the phone in hardware DFU and restore with another computer or USB port)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zaitron For This Useful Post:

JuniorCampion (2009-06-30)