Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cleanup

Default Cleanup
    Hey guys I followed the instructions for the downgrading thread, except after step three I decided not to use anysim, and upgrade. I have previous icons of anysim,and installer on my springboard and I was wondering if it would be safe to remove both applications? Thanks for your time.

either iBricker or WinSCP

So you're saying it would be safe to use Ibrickr to remove both?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmithShetty View Post
    So you're saying it would be safe to use Ibrickr to remove both?
    Yup. But why do you want to remove Installer.app? Don't intend on using any third party stuff?

Not really, I'm not that apt with iphones so I don't want to mess it up. If I uninstalled Installer would I still be able to use Ibrickr to transfer ringtones? And how would I delete AnySim, since it doesn't show up as an application in Ibrickr?

Thanks

But the icon is still there? Usually after AnySIM does its thing, it asks if you want to delete it, did you say yes or no? If you still see the icon, you should be able to see it in iBrickr by going to /Applications

Yes, you can still install Ringtones without Installer.app

The thing with me is when I tried the unlock I stupidly skipped phase 3 and downloaded Anysim, and for some reason I thought it'd work anyway. So after I revirginized I decided not to use anysim, because I'd like to stay at 1.02.

Alright big dilemma here, I followed the steps of the downgrading guide up to stage three, where Instead of upgrading to 1.11, I stayed at 1.02, just popped my SIM in and it started working. I've changed my mind and I want to go to 1.11, what do you guys recommend I do?

Anyone Please!!
    Last edited by AmithShetty; 2007-11-03 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

re-start the process from the begining and upgrade to 1.1.1 where it says to. i briked my phone twice already, and once i started from the begining it worked flawlessly.