Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Problem With My Iphone

Default Big Problem With My Iphone
    I was using the Installer program. I'm guessing something I was downloading possibly had a virus of some sort. Now my iphone isn't responding at all. It shows the main screen with the icons, however I can't go into any of them, and there's a loading icon in the center of the screen that keeps indicating that something is loading. Obviously nothing is. I have re-started it several times, and it always goes back to this state. Also, I tried hooking it up to Itunes, and it's not recognized. I took out the sim card, and put it back in, same result. HELP ME PLEASE!!

I have the same problem BUMP please respond quickly

are you able to dock your iphone and have it recognized by Itunes. I assume if it did, you could restore it. However, mine isn't being recognized.

No Itunes doesn't recognize my iphone.

same here, well I'm adding you to my buddy list. If I can come up with a solution I will send you a private message. I would appreciate the same from you. Thanks, and good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

May need to restore.
    With the iPhone turned on, hold down the POWER and HOME buttons simultaneously for ten seconds (until the screen goes dark).
    Then release POWER while CONTINUING TO HOLD DOWN HOME for another 15 seconds.
    At this stage, the iPhone WILL APPEAR TO BE POWERED DOWN, but it is actually in a special type of recovery mode.

While continuing to hold HOME, launch iTunes.

Then restore with Itunes.

Then follow this link:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12846

I had some problems simular here and so I had to restore.

Good luck.

But if my iphone is unlocked and all won't that brick it?

Mine is doing the same thing, it is stuck in a loop, it shoots itelf to the home screen and shows the world wallpaper behind the icons, then it shoots itself to the homescreen again without the world wallpaper, its like its pressing the homescreen button even though its already there. Crap.

Thanks

Here is another link that you might find useful if nothing else can be done.

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iph...1_windows.html

Well since it keeps "restarting" and killing the battery, I guess Ill wait unti lits completely drained and then charge it with itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
    Here is another link that you might find useful if nothing else can be done.

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/111/iph...1_windows.html
    Do this one I got it to work but you have to reset and all of you apps agen

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ion22 For This Useful Post:

Inutz (2007-10-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ion22 View Post
    Do this one I got it to work but you have to reset and all of you apps agen

Yep, unfortunately you do but least your up and going again...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

Inutz (2007-10-31)

I'm good to go now, I re-installed everything. However, the link that was given for the automatic appinstaller with 1.1.1 didn't work for me. It just booted me out of Safari, and then...nothing. So, does anyone know how to convert to 1.1.1 and still keep my apps, the installer, summerboard, and iBrickr???

Thanks

Thats what its sapossed to do. Read the site. Once you hit install from 'jailbreakme.com' your phone will go back to the main screen. There it will sit from 2 - 5 minutes then the phone will lock, and all you have to do is 'slide to unlock' then you should have your installer icon & a jailbroken 1.1.1.

What's Jailbreak? alleyesondeez's Avatar
    Thanks

i had the same problem with the freezing i think it has something to do with the additional sources i added more specific the hightymes one...

Quote Originally Posted by Inutz View Post
    I'm good to go now, I re-installed everything. However, the link that was given for the automatic appinstaller with 1.1.1 didn't work for me. It just booted me out of Safari, and then...nothing. So, does anyone know how to convert to 1.1.1 and still keep my apps, the installer, summerboard, and iBrickr???
    This cant be done. If you are referring to upgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2 with your apps still installed, it doesnt and will not work! It will mess your phone up, apparently. You have to have a restored 1.1.1 to do any jailbreaking on 1.1.1.

Good luck
    All is... so Accept and Just Be