Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck @ recovery mode

Default iPhone stuck @ recovery mode
    hi guys, mine's stuck @ e recovery stage, the one with the Itunes logo, not the yellow triangle.
    it had been there since months ago.
    no matter what recovery i tried to do (1.1.1 or 1.0.2), i'll get error.
    errors like error(1), error (1603), error(1604)
    any solution please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

plug into the computer, hold home and sleep for exactly 10 seconds then let go of sleep and keep holding home. roughly 20 seconds later itunes will say the iphone is in recovery mode even though the iphone looks to be off. Then hold shift and hit the restore key and choose the 1.0.2 firmware and restore it. it will give an error when done and be on the yellow triangle. then run apptapp and it will say fail but you should be back at the activation screen at that point though on the iphone and be able to continue.

If you have a mac. Plug it in and try running iNdapendence. It worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGeek96 View Post
    plug into the computer, hold home and sleep for exactly 10 seconds then let go of sleep and keep holding home. roughly 20 seconds later itunes will say the iphone is in recovery mode even though the iphone looks to be off. Then hold shift and hit the restore key and choose the 1.0.2 firmware and restore it. it will give an error when done and be on the yellow triangle. then run apptapp and it will say fail but you should be back at the activation screen at that point though on the iphone and be able to continue.
    i tried that & i know pretty well that's the 1st step to downgrade a 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    but i still get the error & got stuck @ the Itunes logo recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by modat View Post
    If you have a mac. Plug it in and try running iNdapendence. It worked for me.
    well, i guess that's my only hope.
    will go & borrow a Mac.
    Last edited by lollypop; 2007-10-30 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i've tried to restore with a Mac, but still no sign of hope.
    keep getting all sort of errors.
    '..... flimware is corrupted... error (x..)'
    help please.

I'm in the same boat as you,

Trying to downgrade to 1.01.02 I get The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

Trying to restore to 1.1.1 I get the error - The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604).

Let me know if the Independance trick works, although i know no one with a mac.

same errors for me. working for three days. no progress. do you use ATT sim or different. i don't have ATT. could it be the cause?

Thanks

Ignore the error and continue following the guide, chances are it will work correctly. I got error 1303, i think, and everything worked no problem

neither apptapp installer or independence could kick it out of its recovery mode ?

tried itunes versions 7.3.4, 7.5. everytime uninstalled and re-installed. Tried ibrickr, apptapinstaller, winstaller, pacay.. All i get is error 1604 when its trying to restore iphone. thanks to Steve jobs, i've owned a very expensive brick.

and a ******* itunes logo and cable cord on the screen...
    Last edited by uozturk; 2007-11-09 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was stuck in the recovery mode until I went step by step this guide and worked perfect with ziphone return to normal mode!!!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html