Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connect to iPhone without SSH

Default Connect to iPhone without SSH
    is there a way to connect to the iphone, and browse like you would when connected over SSH, but do it just by plugging the iphone in?

My problem is that I am at a University, so i am plugged in to the internet by ethernet, and i dont have a default wireless network set up, so i am not connected wirelessly, and my phone is not always connected to wireless. So in order to connect with SSH, i have to create a wireless network on my computer, and connect to it with my iphone, then SSH in. Is there a way that i can just connect using the iPhone cord??

I am on a Mac btw

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well for windows there ibrickr. i'm sure theres a program out there for mac seeing as windows always comes second for programs.
    hopefully someone can give a better direction.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's ifuntastic...

Or Independence

wow.. so there is nothing that remotely resembles SSH when you connect with the cord? that sucks.. you would think that would be a very easy way to do things./..

iphone browser maybe?

I'm on windows so I haven't looked into it very much, but I haven't heard of any such program for macs or windows. Sorry but why is it so important to view it exactly the way you do on ssh?
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

when connected to the phone using the cord, and using something like ifuntastic, everything runs slow, and its just a sloppy interface... dont like it.. and independance doesnt allow you to view the whole filesystem, just a couple of parts, do that doesnt work for me.

I had AFP on my phone with 1.1.3 before, and that was actually my favorite way of connecting, so i could just use finder to browse my phone. Has anyone been able to get AFP working on 1.1.4?? i cant figure it out..

There is a program that does what you want. I've used it. It's a 30 day trial and is very similar to WinSCP.

But I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. When it comes back to me I'll post here.

Got it!

It's called Total Commander and you need a plugin.

See this.

It's for Windows though.
    Last edited by Rip; 2008-04-24 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have never used SSH before and I have to remove a file.
    can anyone tell me how to start the set up process and which programs to use?

check the guides section.. you will find everything you could ever need....

here you go
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Usi..._X_with_iPhone

still wondering if AFP works on 1.1.4... .

hey, the link that you gave me does not work.. nothing on that page.. but i was using a guide from here on AFP, and could not get it to work...

ok.. so i decided to give up on AFP for now, and go with SFTP, but now, after following the guide on this site, i cannot connect to my phone.. this is killing me, i wanna upload themes !!!)

Im on MacBookPro, I dont have wireless, so i created a wireless network, put a password on it, used my iphone to connect to it. And it said i was connected, got the ip, put it into transmit, put everything the same way that the guide says.. and it cant connect.. any idea?? iphone running 1.1.4
    Last edited by speedemonV12; 2008-04-25 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is this program called DiskAID search for it on Google it should take you to a place called DigiDNA or something... hope this helps!
    Who's awesome? Your Awesome

old, old, old thread but thanks for updating it

Yes there is. Use iPhone iTunnel Suite. Search it on google. Its basically SSH but instead of using wifi, you use the usb cable to connect. I use it when theres no wifi network available. And the data transfer speeds are much faster too!

Quote Originally Posted by MathewWins View Post
    There is this program called DiskAID search for it on Google it should take you to a place called DigiDNA or something... hope this helps!
    Agree with this guy. DiskAid is the perfect app to get into your iPhone without needing wireless. But they only give you 2 weeks trial