Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone mobile internet

Default iphone mobile internet
    hi i have just brought a uk iphone and have unlocked it and i am using my contract sim card . i am jsut wondering weather i am going to be charged for the the mobile internet even though im not going to use safri or mail etc. as my contract does not have a data plan.
    the edge logo comes up when my wifi is not conected but the edge logo does not have a E in the middle.

will i be charged ?

if u have used bossprefs and put edge to off or dont have any settings in edge then nop
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

iPhone connects to the Internet for more than just email or safari as far as the edge icon I believe its a common glitch... To prevent an unwanted charge just disable all data charges on ur phone so even if it tries it won't connect

As far as not getting a data plan U Should of gotten a touch I mean seriously

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on the contract you have with O2.
    I'd suggest an unlimited data plan so you don't worry about surprise charges.
    Otherwise request your provider to eliminate the data plan altogether from your contract. That way there is no chance of you running up a charge because you simply will not connect to the data network.

BTW: the E letter corresponds to EDGE and it is not a tale or bug if it shows. It is just telling you that the tower you are connected services data and what type of data (regular GPRS or EDGE).