Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone not charging on work computer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone not charging on work computer
    i didnt charge my phone last night and the battery wasnt going to make it the whole day today..so i turned the brightness up on the phone to drain the rest of the battery when i got to work...i just plugged my phone into the computer and now it wont charge. does anyone know why? i get the "found new hardware" dialog when i plug it in so i know the usb port works...any ideas? thanks
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

how do you know it's not charging? sometimes when the battery's completely drained you have to let it charge for a bit before it would turn on. perhaps that's why?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    how do you know it's not charging? sometimes when the battery's completely drained you have to let it charge for a bit before it would turn on. perhaps that's why?
    yeah...i didnt kill the battery all the way...when i plugged the phone into the computer it turned the phone on and right away the "10% battery life remains" dialog came up.....seems strange to me...also there is no symbol inside the battery icon like when it is usually plugged in or charging
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

well if your work computer wont let you install the driver for your phone the comp wont know what it is and cant charge it

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

i had same problem few weeks back , tested on my desktop and it worked ,
    try restarting ur computer and phone , it worked for me ...good luck