Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with Wifi

Default problem with Wifi
    hello everybody,
    dont know where to post so i did it here, the problem is my iphone works on all wifi networks except my home network i dont know why... when i need to browse something from my iphone i need to go to near by coffee shoppe , but my laptop works with my home network
    iam on iphone 1.1.4,
    can anybody help me on this??

try the "forget this network" function, then try it again.

It has to do with setting, your DNS settings. First TRY THIS...Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings. Close and re-boot.

Not fixed...Go Settings...Select Wifi. Set to your Home Wifi. Select the Blue Circle with Arrow. Under DHCP you can change the severs. Under Static you can edit all information.

Option One

Open DNS....Set your DNS to: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 Close and see if works now.

Option Two

Go to Static Tab Type the following

IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1

Close and now see if this works for you. Hope it does

Chris
    Last edited by chriscoyne; 2008-04-23 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Spelling Fix

thanks it worked me ............ now i could connect to wifi through my iphone ...

Your welcome Buddy. Glad it worked for you. Chris

thanks mine also work!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Setting fixed IP settings will eventually cause problems if anything changes or if your WiFi SSID matches another location but the IP settings there are different.

I haven't bothered confirming on the iPhone if setting manual IP values applies only to the specific attached WiFi SSID or if it behaves like in windows that it remains manual regardless of the WiFi network you've chosen. If it is the later, you will find trouble at some point.

Better bet is to address the problem at the source (home WiFi). Figure out why your home WiFi router is not properly leasing you an IP and DNS settings. This you do by logging into the http admin page of your router and making sure you are getting DNS settings from your internet provider and that you have DHCP properly enabled.