View Poll Results: 1.1.1 Vs 1.0.2

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • V1.1.1

115 63.89%
  • V1.0.2

65 36.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Vs. 1.0.2

Default 1.1.1 Vs. 1.0.2
    Ok so just thought I can maybe round up what other peeps like better.
    1.1.1 which is newer and more apps work for it or 1.0.2 which is a little easier to work around in some aspects such as uploading ringtones. Sorry if anyone has already done this I couldn't find any

ya beside the uploading of ringtones being an issues. 1.1.1 should be better in some ways.

im also wondering the same thing. would upgrading be better????

1.0.2 all the wayyyyyyyyyyy hehe easier get around its like having XP or vista hehe xp still have more compatible program hehe

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    1.0.2 all the wayyyyyyyyyyy hehe easier get around its like having XP or vista hehe xp still have more compatible program hehe
    lol, kind of a valid point, but at the same time, not really. I had 1.0.2 hacked and customized, and I now have 1.1.1 hacked and customized and I don't think I'd ever consider going back to 1.0.2. Sure there's a few things that don't work 100% (like how customize can only arrange 12 apps, and then after that, they go wherever customize feels like putting them, customize doesn't do sound, etc) but it's not that big of a deal to me.

That said, I'm still trying to figure out all the new features in 1.1.1.

Matt

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1.1.1 ...anyone who says otherwise has probably never upgraded. I can't see any advantages to 1.0.2. It's not any easier to jailbreak (if anything 1.1.1 is now with AppSnapp) and most apps are being supported for 1.1.1 only at this point. Oh, and custom ringtones work fine now on 1.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    1.1.1 ...anyone who says otherwise has probably never upgraded. I can't see any advantages to 1.0.2. It's not any easier to jailbreak (if anything 1.1.1 is now with AppSnapp) and most apps are being supported for 1.1.1 only at this point. Oh, and custom ringtones work fine now on 1.1.1.
    Pretty much. People picking 1.0.2 haven't really used 1.1.1.

The new double shortcut alone is a godsend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Pretty much. People picking 1.0.2 haven't really used 1.1.1.

The new double shortcut alone is a godsend.
    Some of us have. We just prefer stabilitiy over a couple of small enhancements

double shortcut?is that double tap on home botton...i juz recently upgraded to 1.1.1 yesterday owell im loving it itz juz that i missing a lot from my 1.0.2..
    (guys let me know if theres a way to these things)
    custom carrier logo
    all my blue .png
    custom dialpad
    custom slider,txt and bottomask
    custom battery
    edge logo
    and more.....hehe
    not to mention ringtone is available for 1.1.1 good job guysss
    by the way i voted 1.0.2.....can i change my vote to 1.1.1 haha

Thanks

There are less and less reasons by the day for people to stay with 1.0.2. 1.1.1 runs 3rd party apps, and the ringtone problem is well on its way to being fixed. PLUS more features have been added, and bugs removed? What would you rather have, a Ferrari with a scratch on the bonnet or a ford fiesta with no scratches?

Any differences on the battery life between 1.0.2 and 1.1.1?

I've read several issues on 1.1.1 battery life that it drains in just one day with just more or less 2 hours of usage even though SSH is either OFF or they uninstalled it. Thus some are even downgrading to 1.0.2 coz of that.

A friend just sent me an email complaining the same thing. He has an OTB 1.1.1 and unlocked thru AnySim 1.1. His battery drains fast even though he had uninstalled SSH thru Independence 1.2.5, Wifi OFF, Bluetooth OFF and Mail Check set at MANUAL.

I'm currently on 1.0.2 unlocked via iUnlock so it means i have to revirginize my iphone to be able to upgrade to 1.1.1. I have an urge to upgrade to 1.1.1 but if the battery life would be really like that, then I'll just stick with 1.0.2

Anyone who had the same problem and fixed it?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i juz recently unlock my 1.1.1 i didnt revirginize my phone,from my understanding it all depens what unlocking method your using.i unlocked my phone (1.0.2)with simfree and i did buy it and upgrading to 1.1.1 trough itunes without revirginizing so it wont patch basband from my recent unlock 1.0.2 acording to iphonesimfree.com and i can go ahead upgrade and dont have to unlock it again so i did it and it worked.now, battery matter i didnt see any different...and DALE1v id rather have a ferrari with a scratch lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    There are less and less reasons by the day for people to stay with 1.0.2. 1.1.1 runs 3rd party apps, and the ringtone problem is well on its way to being fixed. PLUS more features have been added, and bugs removed? What would you rather have, a Ferrari with a scratch on the bonnet or a ford fiesta with no scratches?
    Your analogy is way off. It's more like a fiesta with no scratches, and a fiesta with brass hubcaps, and a few scratches

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

1.1.1 here but looking back, 1.0.2 seems more stable and less problematic.

1.1.1 isn't worth the trouble, time and effort, IMO. Not right now anyway. Plus I like Summerboard with 1.0.2 better. cheers.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2007-11-01 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    1.1.1 here but looking back, 1.0.2 seems more stable and less problematic.

1.1.1 isn't worth the trouble, time and effort, IMO. Not right now anyway. Plus I like Summerboard with 1.0.2 better. cheers.
    incase you didnt hear about it on winscp you can now upload your fav sumerboard and everything that u customd on your 1.0.2 before upgrading to1.1.1 you can do them too now
    Last edited by pleyah69bjay; 2007-11-01 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    double shortcut?is that double tap on home botton...i juz recently upgraded to 1.1.1 yesterday owell im loving it itz juz that i missing a lot from my 1.0.2..
    (guys let me know if theres a way to these things)
    custom carrier logo
    all my blue .png
    custom dialpad
    custom slider,txt and bottomask
    custom battery
    edge logo
    and more.....hehe
    not to mention ringtone is available for 1.1.1 good job guysss
    by the way i voted 1.0.2.....can i change my vote to 1.1.1 haha
    All of these can be changed through Customize app. , all of them.

I like 1.1.1. What seals the deal is universal ipod controls. My God thats the sh*t.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

[QUOTE=knowtheobscure;80976]All of these can be changed through Customize app. , all of them.

I like 1.1.1. What seals the deal is universal ipod controls. My God thats the sh*t.[/QUOT

How to get to customise.app is it troug winscp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Your analogy is way off. It's more like a fiesta with no scratches, and a fiesta with brass hubcaps, and a few scratches
    Hmm ok.... A ford fiesta with scratches (1.0.2 still isn't perfect) and a newer, slighty dented ford fiesta with a car bomb inside (that's the bricking bit of 1.1.1, virginizing is the defuse)

[quote=pleyah69bjay;81025]
    Quote Originally Posted by knowtheobscure View Post
    All of these can be changed through Customize app. , all of them.

I like 1.1.1. What seals the deal is universal ipod controls. My God thats the sh*t.[/QUOT

How to get to customise.app is it troug winscp
    U have to jailbreak your phone. If you use jailbreakme.com it install apptap for you and you can download it there after connecting to community sources.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Quote Originally Posted by bartski View Post
    Any differences on the battery life between 1.0.2 and 1.1.1?

I've read several issues on 1.1.1 battery life that it drains in just one day with just more or less 2 hours of usage even though SSH is either OFF or they uninstalled it. Thus some are even downgrading to 1.0.2 coz of that.

A friend just sent me an email complaining the same thing. He has an OTB 1.1.1 and unlocked thru AnySim 1.1. His battery drains fast even though he had uninstalled SSH thru Independence 1.2.5, Wifi OFF, Bluetooth OFF and Mail Check set at MANUAL.

I'm currently on 1.0.2 unlocked via iUnlock so it means i have to revirginize my iphone to be able to upgrade to 1.1.1. I have an urge to upgrade to 1.1.1 but if the battery life would be really like that, then I'll just stick with 1.0.2

Anyone who had the same problem and fixed it?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Battery has been the same for me mostly. My last full charge usage was something like:
    Usage: 6-7 hours
    Standby: 1day 14hours

Before you ask about the long as hell standby I sleep with the phone (alarm) and isn't charge till I get home the day after. and the 6-7 hours are heavy usage (music 80% of the time, wifi browsing, edge for beejive, e-mail). No bluetooth though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast