Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i get 6 icons on my dock it can only have for but ive seen some with 6 how?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how do i get 6 icons on my dock it can only have for but ive seen some with 6 how?
    i have danimaters customize so how to i get six icons on my dock i want (phone,mail,text,installer,safari,ipod) on my dock

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

firmwares 1.1.2 and below can do it with customize. 1.1.3 and above and do it with caterpillar but it's not free and i'm not sure if it can do six but definitely 5

caterpillar is not compatible with dock.app, screenshot.app and/or summerboard.app if those are installed on your phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how about with a 1.1.2 sv patch?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

? not sure what your'e referring to

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    firmwares 1.1.2 and below can do it with customize. 1.1.3 and above and do it with caterpillar but it's not free and i'm not sure if it can do six but definitely 5

caterpillar is not compatible with dock.app, screenshot.app and/or summerboard.app if those are installed on your phone
    Wrong. Caterpillar works fine with no problems whatsoever with summerboard, customize, screenshot, taskbar notifier, fontswap and many more. I have it running on 1.1.3. The only app I did not try is dock.app which I know also has problems with other apps.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Wrong. Caterpillar works fine with no problems whatsoever with summerboard, customize, screenshot, taskbar notifier, fontswap and many more. I have it running on 1.1.3. The only app I did not try is dock.app which I know also has problems with other apps.
    Well I had a problem with Caterpillar. I would automatically shut off my screen and I had to press the lock button several times to get the screen to turn back on. I was using Customize2 and SummerBoard. Dunno if its related to them or not but it sure pissed me off enough to uninstall. but I do miss the reflective dock and 5 icons (5 only)
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I am quoting from rip dev when I said what caterpillar isn't compatible with. That's exactly what they told me when i had a problem with it. I'm in no way bashing the app.

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    I am quoting from rip dev when I said what caterpillar isn't compatible with. That's exactly what they told me when i had a problem with it. I'm in no way bashing the app.
    Well there are so many ways of unlocking firmwares and installed apps, that I could imagine some people having problems with certain apps. It's just that people are very fast in blaming an app for not functioning or even crashing their phone. I did not want to step on anybody's toes either.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Caterpillar's first release did have a problem where the phone locked up at times but that is many versions past now.
    I have it running with no issues.
    I also have Customize 2.0, Summerboard, and about 200 other apps.
    I am not sure about Dock.app I have a unlocked jailbroken via ZiPhone 1.1.4 and have heard of issues with Dock.app in the post so I stayed away from it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does anyone know? I really want 6 icons on my dock.

wow, blast from the past. There is noway for more then 5 on 2.0, for 5 there is a free app in cydia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is it possible though? Can you make the dock scroll?

i relay dont think so, there might be betas but nothing stabel