Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Im Getting Bored With the Iphone. Any Suggestions??

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Im Getting Bored With the Iphone. Any Suggestions??
    Hey im not new but im not a pro either. Iv been gettin a lil bored latley i was wondering if any one could give me something more interesting to do with the phone. i got gpsphone, sega, i-radio, iphysics, sketches, and a few others.

If aNY ONE has something new and fun it would be greatly appreciated.

ps.
    sry for the new thread i kno how much ppl hate them(but iv always wanted to start one that wasnt..uh..idunno..i wanted to)
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you are right, man.. i dont blame u.. thats why apple has to keep it up and do something exciting... cant wait forthe sdk and a lil after so people actually release moer apps

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG I HATE NEW THREADS.
    Lol, nah, I'm kidding. I've never know anyone to hate them?

You could try getting summerboard and get a nice looking theme for your iPhone or even make your own.
    PuzzleManiak is a great game. I don't know if you have it but it has some great mini puzzle games that keep you entertained for a while.
    You could even install Jiggy if you wanted to start learning to make new apps. That's if your really adventurous.

What I do is when new apps appear in the installer, install them and try them out. Or even search around this site and check out some of the cool stuff others have made.

Hope it helps.
    Matt
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

screamforme02 (2008-04-22)

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

dont get me wrong theres mad stuff i can do,and mad props go to the folks who make it. i was just hoping for a new app or something like that. im kinda really lookin forward to the new Sims game, dont remember what its called but it was talked about at the keynote. looks sweet

i got summer board and have themes and icons and even been dabling into makeing own icons,themes, docks and stuff

ps.
    this site is the greatist and no offense most of you guys here on MMI ar f-in amazing, helpfull and just plain ol' great
    pps.
    donate to those who create this ill stuff, they really deserve it!!
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-04-22 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by brittanyyz View Post
    Hi guys
    i was doing some searches about call of duty, and i came through something called "Call Of Duty Black Ops Code Generator"
    they claim it's for ps3 and xbox 360,is that true?
    if the question not propriet to this please move it admins
    i was just curious to know
    thx fellas !
    Quit posting this everywhere
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

I was definitely stuck with my I4 before coming to MMI.. I came from droid and kind of ran into the same issue... I switch back and forth between my Droid X and my i4 on VZW... or at least I did... I hit a major wall with the DX because of how polished iOS is. Even with gingerbread, android fails to live up to iOS. Installing and switching themes all the time has helped me.... also, I am addicted to flight control (why is this so addicting) and words with friends...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I love seeing 3 year old threads get revived (not being sarcastic) bc it's fun to see how much things have changed. For example, Summerboard

I failed to even notice the posting date.... or pick up on things.... LMAO CLASSIC

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I usually don't see dates either

I did see Summerboard and got confused

I saw Summerboard and was like hmmm OK.... I am a relatively new iOS user... was clung to my BB and Droid forever....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

How are you enjoying your iPhone 4.

I must say it is much better than the iPhone 3G I had prior, then again I'd choose the iPhone 3G over a droid

haha, I love the iPhone 4... It was always AT&T that was the deal breaker for me.... In my job I cannot have dropped calls... I had a phone on AT&T when I first moved to Vegas and it was horrible... Scared me away The only thing I miss on the Droid is the google apps... Maps with free Nav is awesome.... other than that.. I am completely satisfied...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I can't agree more. Switched from AT&T to Verizon, only had AT&T for 6 months. The big issue was the capped data for me, as well as the coverage at work where I spend 75% of my time.

I've never had a Droid, always wanted to own one for fun (I know i wouldn't give up my iPhone though) and see how it works.

I'm sure iPhones lack many things but for some reason we just can't stop loving it

Yes, capped data would be a major issue for me. On average I use between 3-5 gb a month, so AT&T would hate me. lol

One thing I miss is the 4.3 inch screen.... OMG if Apple would do a 4.3 inch screen on an iPhone, I'd be in heaven. haha.

The only thing I would change that is embedded in iOS is the notification system... it definitely lacks... The polished look AND feel of iOS is one of the many things that keeps me here. The solid feel and smooth design of i4 doesnt hurt either.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I agree on the screen size. I'd like to see a larger screen as well.

I too use about 3-5GB a month. But AT&T wouldn't hate you, there are users who use over 10 20 even 30 GB a month. So I think you and I are safe from being hated.

Very true. I heard a story on an android site about a guy who used 100gb in a month. I think he was using an illegal tether exploit tho.

side post: yay I made green apple. HAHA
    Last edited by wickedultracool1; 2011-04-19 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That's an insane amount to use. Wow.

Congrats on making green apple lol

Help brokentwice finish his mods to MMS and Facetime. Dunno about you but the thought of streaming what I am watching to my friend through facetime.. whoa.

Or the thought of higher quality videos being sent through MMS, shazzam! Maybe helping with those would cure your boredom?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    Hey im not new but im not a pro either. Iv been gettin a lil bored latley i was wondering if any one could give me something more interesting to do with the phone. i got gpsphone, sega, i-radio, iphysics, sketches, and a few others.

If aNY ONE has something new and fun it would be greatly appreciated.

ps.
    sry for the new thread i kno how much ppl hate them(but iv always wanted to start one that wasnt..uh..idunno..i wanted to)
    Haven't read the rest of the thread, but just saying this now before it's too late:

Stick with it.

Theme it if you have to.

I got bored of my 3GS after having the first iPhone for 2 years and then having my 3GS for a year. So I themed it and it was cool, but I was still bored. So I cancelled it and got an Evo 4G. I absolutely hate that piece of crap and I hate Sprint. I just got back from the Verizon store with a nice white iPhone 4.

Maybe you weren't so bored that you were thinking of a new phone, but I just wanted to throw that out there before you get the idea of jumping ship.

Now maybe I'll go read the rest of the thread.
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster