Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS not working

Default SMS not working
    Everytime I try to launch SMS, whether to write or to read, it always bring me back to the Home menu, can some one advise what I can do, please?

P.S.> I tried to search if there's any topic about SMS was discussed some where in the forum but it kept saying, "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different term" (I just keyed in SMS or sms to keep the search broader)

Please help ~

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Do you have SummerBoard installed? If so, make sure the Dim Wallpaper is set to OFF.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Mac Aladdin (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Do you have SummerBoard installed? If so, make sure the Dim Wallpaper is set to OFF.
    Yes, I have SummerBoard installed. I set the Wallpaper to OFF, and Restart SpringBoard; the problem remains. I turn my iPhone off for about 30sec, and turn it back on; the SMS problem is still there, but it stay at the SMS application slightly longer before returning to the Home menu again, I was able to see the SMS screen (blank, although I suppose to have 26 messages) for about 2sec.

Would it help if I were to uninstall SummerBoard?

Thank you for your advice, at least I know there's a chance to solve this.

Default install wetools
    [hey i had the same problem i intalled wetool and deleted few messages from it and then my sms started working

cheers
    badnick