Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UnRAR?

Default UnRAR?
    any of you know how to use the "unrar" in installer? i was trying to unrar a downloaded rar file and i want to unrar it....so i downloaded the UnRAR from installer, but i see nothing on my springboard (same as before)

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a command line tool, you need to write commands in terminal in your iPhone to use it.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

do you know what are the commands

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

no, sorry

google may help you
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

why not you see on developer's site
    http://dtztech.com/iphone/unrar/

So you can type unrar then tap return on terminal for all unrar command detail.

Easiest way to do this :

1. Download the file.
    2. Download unRAR and MobileTerminal in Cydia or Installer
    3. Open mobile terminal
    4. Type the following commands
    su root
    alpine (you will not see what you are typing)
    cd /var/mobile/Library/Downloads (case sensitive)
    unrar x filename.rar

enjoy!

I believe iFile has built-in support for uncompressing RAR files. This would probably be just a bit easier.