Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iPhone to send back to Apple

Default Restoring iPhone to send back to Apple
    Not sure if this has been covered but if you jailbreak your phone, is there a way to "go back" to the original state so that if you need to send in your phone for a repair, Apple "won't know" about it being jail-broken. I know there is the Virginize tool which helps but it says something about using if you unlocked with (earlier) tools.
    I am confused as to what I should/shouldn't do.
    Anyone care to shed some light so I can know for sure what I need to really do if I send it back to Apple.
    Thanks very much.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

ziphone can restore to stock state.im pretty sure iLiberty can do it as well
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

you don't need those things if you just jailbroke (btw, jailbreaking is not illegal so they can't do anything to you about it) use iTunes to restore it and you will have a pre-jailbroken iPhone. if you have unlocked too use iNdependence (safest tool of them all) to reverse the unlocking.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

simply restore using itunes will bring your phone back to factory state, but if you've used ziphone to unlock a 4.6 bootloder phone, your bootloader would have been downgraded to 3.9. you can use Bootneuter to upgrade it back up to 4.6.

although jailbreak/modifying your phone isn't illegal, it does void your warrenty and apple can and will refuse to honor the warrenty

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    although jailbreak/modifying your phone isn't illegal, it does void your warrenty and apple can and will refuse to honor the warrenty

Thanks - I thought about that. That is why I was asking if I could "go back". Would Apple be able to tell if I Jailbroke my phone and I restored it?

Jailbreak is a software hack. Since restoring the iPhone replaces the entire OS, it pretty much gets wiped clean off of any traces.

Of course unlocking is different...but that can easily be done by relocking the baseband with bootneuter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If we used Iplus to jailbreak and activate the phone for use on another carrier can we still use Ziphone to put i back to virgin state even though we did not use it to jailbreak ?

Thanks

I am thinking there should be a guide for this