Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reboot From Command Line Or Winscp

Default Reboot From Command Line Or Winscp
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...OK..So I had to restore my phone ( 1.1.4 ) 4 times in the last 8 days.Can someone please tell me if there is a way to reboot from winscp. Im a newbie..and i have searched through Ericas utilities, I thought i could use the mobileReboot command line..I just need someone kind to tell me how. Im really trying to avoid a restore. Winscp sees my phone as does itunes. All my files are there, its just stuck on the apple logo. Ive done the hold the buttons down etc. I would be so grateful if you could help me. I did try to uninstall the last app before the circle of death..but it didnt help. Now I have the fricking apple logo and i JUST finished a complete restore...if there is a command line or ANYTHING I can try via Winscp,ibrickr or pc browser..please tell me.

Check zee permissionz on Springboard.app and the executable file.

I did check those. I was stuck on the apple logo and i got tired of trying to fix it so I did a restore YET AGAIN!!! but thank you .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What did you download that made you get stuck on the apple logo?
    because that happened to me like a day ago and i had a restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

geez, 4 restores in 8 days, what are you doing

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

After a 3rd time restoring I attempting solving it via winscp. AND IT WORKED! Maybe this is documented elsewhere, but its been real skim trying to find any solutions to the dreaded white apple of death. I SCP'd in and started deleting app's ; at first, one by one. Finally I just deleted all of the installed apps and almost instantly springboard loaded! At least I know there's a cure. I will closely track this, but I think it's a problem in springboard having many app's - I had 5 full screens. It seemed in that range it was "random" what app or activity would hang the phone. On 2.0.2 pwn'd.

Thanks

In 1.1.4, this would happen if you exceeded, I'm thinking 80 (?) applications while not having summerboard installed.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-08-22 at 02:34 PM.