Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery problem after upgrading to 1.1.4 !!!

Default Battery problem after upgrading to 1.1.4 !!!
    I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem after upgrading to 1.1.4. I had an OTB 1.1.1 and decided to upgrade to 1.1.4 using iLiberty. After upgrading i notice that my battery life started to waste extremely fast compared to the 1.1.1 firmware. Idk if having Cydia and Installer on the phone is the problem. Even when the phone is NOT in use, the battery keeps wasting. Is the a solution to it?

I cant be the only one in this forum with this problem.. anyone?

Restore.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have OpenSSH installed? That might be running in the background, If so, you could install BossPrefs, which will allow you to turn SSH off when you're not using it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Firmware 1.1.4 had reportedly inferior battery life from many users; however, I find I get about 1.5 days no matter what firmware I've had. I agree with above... install BossPrefs and make sure everything except Edge is turned off. Wi-Fi and SSH can drain your battery big time.

My phone also stays VERY HOT while on stand by so something MUST be running...

Another thing i notice is that Safari and my Mail also doesn't work with EDGE. Only with WIFI. I turned off my mail account and my battery started to work fine (not draining).
    Last edited by izzi b; 2008-04-23 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost