Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck In "BSD root" loop!

Default Stuck In "BSD root" loop!
    ok so this morning i was running perfectly fine on 1.1.4 jailbreaked 8 gig iphone. i decided to try winpwn so i could have custom images. i did all of that... then when i went into itunes to restore, i got stuck in the restore, so i had to restore back to 1.1.4. When i went to ziphone it and jailbreak... i got stuck in the "bsd root" loop. i then restored it again from there and tried it with iliberty+, still i get stuck in "bsd root" loop.
    Ive been trying to jailbreak my phone for 7 straight hours today, ive tried everything, but i still get stuck in the "bsd root" loop everytime i jailbreak.
    Any suggestions?

dude you so just described what has happened to me over the last two days...
    literally the same process.. :/ let me know once you find a solution. as of right now I can get you back into OTB state but not unlocked..

My IPhone behaves the same way! I get stuck in the BSD loop forever. I cant even do a restore as my ITunes does not recognise the Phone. Tried home/shutdown button combination to get into recovery mode but doesnt work!
    Can someone suggest me what to do?

while the iphone is on connect it to you computer.
    hold the power button and menu button all at the same time. start counting one mississippi two mississippi ... once the apple logo shows up keep holding the center button for another 15-30 sec. this will put the phone into recovery mode guaranteed no matter how bad its messed up!! after that do the restore via itunes (option restore). once that is done I am sure that you will get some error message from itunes. at this point close iTunes completely! After that open independence and let it do its job. it will reset the Recovery mode. If you dont have that one or dont like it use iBrickr and hit the "boot phone" link and you will be all set. after that follow the usual guides!

Doesnt work!!!!
    I tried putting my Iphone into recovery mode and also into DFU but I cannot succeed.
    I tried all the combinations suggested in the forums doesnt work!
    My iphone get stuck in BSD root loop and runs the same until it powers down! And whn I recharge it, it again runs into the same loop.
    Home/Reset button combinations dont work for me!
    Any help wld be greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

This is strange, the same thing happened to a device that i was trying to Jailbreak for someone yesterday... im going to start a new thread and see why devices are all the sudden doing this...

It Is What It Is...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...OK..So I had to restore my phone ( 1.1.4 ) 4 times in the last 8 days. Please tell me if there is a way to reboot from winscp. Im a newbie..and i have searched through Ericas utilities, I thought i could use the mobileReboot command line..I just need someone kind to tell me how. Im really trying to avoid a restore. Winscp see my phone as does itunes. All my files are there, its just stuck on the apple logo. Ive done the hold the buttons down etc. I would be so grateful if you could help me.

Default Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDude View Post
    while the iphone is on connect it to you computer.
    hold the power button and menu button all at the same time. start counting one mississippi two mississippi ... once the apple logo shows up keep holding the center button for another 15-30 sec. this will put the phone into recovery mode guaranteed no matter how bad its messed up!! after that do the restore via itunes (option restore). once that is done I am sure that you will get some error message from itunes. at this point close iTunes completely! After that open independence and let it do its job. it will reset the Recovery mode. If you dont have that one or dont like it use iBrickr and hit the "boot phone" link and you will be all set. after that follow the usual guides!
    THanks Man This guy saved my phone

Is it possible to fix this issue without using the home button? Mine is broken and I badly need to fix this and refurbish.