Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just cracked my screen? what are my options?

Default Just cracked my screen? what are my options?
    My phone just vibrated off a ledge and landed glass part down on the tile floor. Picked it up and the screen is cracked. Mostly the lower half. But its pretty bad. The phone does still work, long with the touchscreen. I understand this obviously isn't covered in warranty. Anybody know how I can get it replaced without paying 250 dollars to fix it? It's an 8GB and I got it 2 weeks after they came out. Thanks in advance. Mike.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Do a google search for iphone repair and see if anyone will do it cheaper.

Get the 2.0 beta firmware upgrade your phone to it and try to restore to 1.1.4 and it wont let you it will give you an error....Take it to apple and say i cant get the phone to restore they will try and fail and give you a new phone..... Thats what i did lol .....They asked me why i was restoring and i just said cause service was bad and thought restoring it would help

Quote Originally Posted by jradtke1987 View Post
    Get the 2.0 beta firmware upgrade your phone to it and try to restore to 1.1.4 and it wont let you it will give you an error....Take it to apple and say i cant get the phone to restore they will try and fail and give you a new phone..... Thats what i did lol .....They asked me why i was restoring and i just said cause service was bad and thought restoring it would help
    Dude, his screen is cracked noting to do with software

Yea, but if there is something wrong they still have to replace it. So now I am looking to make something with the software wrong so I can bring it in. I can just tell them that its ben cracked for a while and worked fine and now there is this problem. Any other ideas for purposefully making the a software defect? I tried putting the headphones in and pulling them out like a hundred times, just to see if I could trick it into thinking the headphones were still in. No luck with that.

And where can I find the 2.0 beta for download? I thought you had to be a registered developer for that.
    Last edited by graveydellic; 2008-04-19 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by graveydellic View Post

And where can I find the 2.0 beta for download? I thought you had to be a registered developer for that.
    its all over the torrent sites.