Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New and stupid to this all... Need some basic questions answered...

Default New and stupid to this all... Need some basic questions answered...
    Ok, I am very unfamiliar with the iPhone first off...

Basically I would like to Jailbreak my iPhone, I think, as long as Im not going to do any permanent damage... Its technically not really my phone... Its like a "stay in college and you get to keep it" kind of thing...

In reality, my main reason for being here, is so that I can get my freaking music off my iPhone... So I guess I should start with asking, will jailbreaking my iPhone give me access to my music? New computer, old HDD busted, long story short, I dont want to redo my entire library. Even better, is there a more simpler way to get the music instead of jailbreaking it?

Though all I currently want is my music, I am interested in jailbreaking the phone anyway, just because I like to tinker with electronics in general. Im using Vista(by force, *blech*) and have firmware version 1.1.4... Is there a safe guild/program that I can use to jailbreak my phone? Ive looked around, and have come across iLiberty on this site... Will that work? Or something out there thats better? Etc...

Im sorry for the basic newbie questions, Im sure if I looked hard enough I could find some of the answers... Besides all that, hello everyone at Modmyifone! Heh, I just registered, and this is my first post so far... I hope that someone can help me, and I plan on being around long enough so that I can return the favor someday.

~Z

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i would downgrade to 1.1.3 and then jailbreak with ziphone or iliberty+ to jailbreak. its very easy to do and no jailbreaking does not do any permanent damage to the phone. or you can jailbreak 1.1.4 and then just install the 1.1.4. to 1.1.3 tweak. you should just jailbreak 1.1.4 so u dont lose the music

i think with iphone pc suite you can access you music so you can transfer back to comp.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

z1411 (2008-04-19)

Ok... So jailbreak 1.1.4 install 1.1.3 tweak... Uh..... How?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not positive with the Jailbreaking if you can pull music off your iPhone. I would only guess it could be done somewhere in SSH. However I have a program called Tansee that that allows you to do it. I think it cost me $20 or so.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

yes. you can pull off your music with ssh.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.