Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am i out of luck.....

Default Am i out of luck.....
    ok....heres the story i had an iphone for about 3 months all of the sudden it said the device connected to the iphone is not made for the iphone blah blah blah theres nothing connected to it i got home later that day and my computer didnt recognize it nor did it even charge...when it died all it did when i plugged it in was turn on and 3 seconds later die and so on....i brought it into the apple store they said they would do the stop and when he went to take out the sim card it wasnt in there i was smart and took it out bc its unlocked for tmobile... any way he said just bring in ir sim card and well swap it i brought it in today and of course what happens it turns on and they somhow found out it was unlocked so they voided the warranty but said the usb connection is broken so all i can do is harge it with a firewire connection.....idk what to do.....is there a company that can fix them or that buys old broken ones or can i fix it some one plz help ill add a thx to everyone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You basically fried the interface like the Apple guy said. Pretty much a brick in my opinion... sorry bro.

Thanks

Well look on the bright side!:
    1) Awesome looking paper weight
    2) Great door stopper
    3) Nice to look at
    4) When you're bored you can toss it up in the air then catch it without worry of dropping.

see those are some great things that you can still do.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

New guy here....

I was planning on jailbreaking my iPhone... But I didnt know this could happen.... Does it happen often? And they can find out if you did a jailbreak on it, even after you restore it back to how it was in the first place???

no the jail break and the unlock didnt cause this its a hardwar porblem......im just gunna go sit in a dark corner.........alone

no the jail break and the unlock didnt cause this its a hardwar porblem......im just gunna go sit in a dark corner.........alone

wow same problem! i tryed taking the phone to apple and some how they got it to turn on and they figuerd out it has 3rd party apps. i have no way of restoring it to factory apps therefore its garbage and spent another 400 bucks on a new one any one with any ideas as to how to get it restored if nothing recognizes the phone?

alex, have you tried putting it into dfu mode and then restoring it through iTunes?
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    alex, have you tried putting it into dfu mode and then restoring it through iTunes?
    well considering that my home botton dosent work i cant. iv tryed almost everything iv read online and nothing works. the phone is completly dead and nothing will make it turn on or sync. dont kno how the got it to turn on at the apple store im assuming they swapped in another battery that had charge...any other idea?

Thanks

There are multiple people online who sell batteries, just buy one and replace yours yourself!