Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Phone..Should I get it? Questions?

Default 3G Phone..Should I get it? Questions?
    So the 3g is dropping in june or july? anyone know?

Should i just get rid of my iphone now so i can get the new one coming out? I would like to, but I have some questions before i do anything crazy..

will the iphone plan be the same network, if you have the old gen iphone or the new 3g? ---i mean the data, because I have an unlimited data plan from at&t...its an upgraded old employee plan..that I have been gripping on too...

same sim cards?

what firmware version will it be running 1.1.4? or 1.2? or something i do not know about?

will it be jailbreakable?

how much is it gonna be? $$$?

anything else would be helpful...holla...

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I would expect the first initial pricing to be between $400-$600 and there is no ETA at the moment. I don't know what to expect with the 3G data plans, maybe a $10 increase, who knows? The 3G iPhone won't be jailbreakable when it's launched. It may even take a few months to jailbreak. If you want to sell your phone then do it. I know I won't be selling mine because the 3G iPhone hasn't been confirmed by Apple to come out in June or July. I'm thinking the 3G iPhone will come out in August but I could be wrong. It's really just a guessing game at this point.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Data plan will be the same. Ive had a 3g phone with data plan, was the same plan offered for the iPhone.

How are you saying June or July 3g release? There hasnt been any anouncements.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he's referring to that post that said 60 days until 3G iPhone launch where some so called "expert" said there will be a new iPhone in June because of the refurbishes, iPhone shortages, and some other things. I think they're bluffing. Infineon s gold 3 was found in the new firmware though, which would signal for a 3G phone but who knows when its coming.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

I kind of had the same question, since I want an iPhone for my birthday which is not far away so I started doing some research and I am wondering if I should just get one now or wait for the 3G one to come out. The thing is I don't get what will they be adding in the new one that will make it better/different than the one that is out right now except for the 3G? Since I most likely wont pay for the internet monthly since I am a student and dont have that much money to spend on internet alone but yeh just wanted to know the differences.

whats the point, there are more free wifi spots popping up and the 3g iphone has no newer upgrades over the regular version

i may buy it if its smaller. and t mo is gonna start rolling out 3g in may

Thanks

Screw it Ill go buy 1 tomorrow haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloyan View Post
    Screw it Ill go buy 1 tomorrow haha
    riiiiiight. and i have a millennium falcon in my garage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    riiiiiight. and i have a millennium falcon in my garage
    I dont get what the sarcasm is for, maybe if you would have read what i wrote in the first place you would know what I was talking about...

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

most likely will come out at job's next keynote on june 10
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    i may buy it if its smaller. and t mo is gonna start rolling out 3g in may
    That's the problem.

T-Mobile's 3G network is going to operate on a different frequency than AT&T's.

So the 3G iPhone won't work on T-Mobile's 3G network, only on its edge.

Therefore, T-Mobile users should only upgrade if the new iPhone comes with entirely new features, i.e. real time GPS, qwerty keyboard, wireless n, stereo bluetooth, faster processor, 32GB of memory, etc.

"faster processor" lol

Quote Originally Posted by crazyballer View Post
    That's the problem.

T-Mobile's 3G network is going to operate on a different frequency than AT&T's.

So the 3G iPhone won't work on T-Mobile's 3G network, only on its edge.

Therefore, T-Mobile users should only upgrade if the new iPhone comes with entirely new features, i.e. real time GPS, qwerty keyboard, wireless n, stereo bluetooth, faster processor, 32GB of memory, etc.
    so your saying the 3g will only work for at&t huh? so what will other markets use? like out of the US? all we can do is wait and see

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont believe that 3g iphone will come out this year. my guess is next year. its gonna take couple months from june when they supose to announce it to real launch. so my guess is beginning of 2009. much more i hope they will finish gen 1 to perfection and then some out with gen 2... just thought i would share my opinion....