Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No E, but there's a globe

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No E, but there's a globe
    I posted before that I didn't have anything where the E goes, only the wifi signal. I recently found out that I have installed Alternatize E icons for customize and when i uninstalled customize and didn't uninstall that from installer. After uninstalling both I don't have the E anymore but now I have a globe, can anyone help me getting back the E??? I kinda liked it, we'll more then the globe... Pics are below

This is what it looks like while at home screen

This is what it looks like while on browser or email

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you can ssh into your phone and the files are /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/Default_EDGE_ON.png and FSO_EDGE_ON.png. replace those with the original png files

i'm not sure if the download section here has the original. you can always google for them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

VBP2004EP3 (2008-04-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    you can ssh into your phone and the files are /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/Default_EDGE_ON.png and FSO_EDGE_ON.png. replace those with the original png files

i'm not sure if the download section here has the original. you can always google for them
    Is there an easier way, like maybe using installer? Or could I use ibrickr? What about when I'm not on edge, what file is that that i might have to change for GPRS... Also searching for a backup of the file, can't fild it... Can you point me in the right direction??
    Last edited by VBP2004EP3; 2008-04-18 at 07:46 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

gprs is in the same location: Default_GPRS_ON.png and FSO_GPRS_ON.png. if this file has never been tempered with then you dont' have to do anything with it. with a pc, you can use iphonebrowser and connect via a usb cord to look at the current images of those png files

i'm not familiar with ibrickr

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

VBP2004EP3 (2008-04-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    gprs is in the same location: Default_GPRS_ON.png and FSO_GPRS_ON.png. if this file has never been tempered with then you dont' have to do anything with it. with a pc, you can use iphonebrowser and connect via a usb cord to look at the current images of those png files

i'm not familiar with ibrickr
    Thanks for all your help, I'm trying to find the original icon on google but can't seem to find it... by any chance you know where to find it...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

VBP2004EP3 (2008-04-18)