Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore not removing BSD error

Default Restore not removing BSD error
    I received a BSD error on my iphone while trying to re-jailbreak my phone on 1.0.2 in order to add the SSH capabilities needed to revirginize it.

I read through all the threads and put my phone into a manual "connect to itunes" state and option+clicked restore and restored back to 1.0.2. It went through just fine but when it restarts, the phone boots up with the regular BSD black screen and gives me the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried restore to different versions as well... I am pretty stumped when it comes to this problem.

I was trying to use ZiPhone to start it up in Normal Mode, but I'm not seeing how to do that using ZiPhone 3.0 and I can't get ZiPhone to recognize my phone, either.
    Last edited by raetus; 2008-04-18 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What do you mean by "BSD black screen"? And what exactly does the error say?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

It seems to be the standard BSD error that most people are receiving

"BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

I've tried to restore to previous versions. I've also tried to use ZiPhone (on Mac and PC) to place the phone from recovery mode into normal mode but I cannot get Ziphone to find the Iphone.

Itunes on windows does not recognize the device (although windows itself does) and Itunes on Mac recognizes it while in recovery mode and allows for restores. The restores complete successfully but when the phone automatically reboots, it goes back to the BSD system screen and ends with a yielding of the same BSD root error.

I also wanted to say thank you for responding.
    Last edited by raetus; 2008-04-18 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Wanted to say Thank You