Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help rebooting restarting

Default need help rebooting restarting
    soo i'm a newbie and i know somethings on the iphone but not a whole lot i have the problem that i installed iblacklist program and then restarted my phone and i am stuck on the home screen asking for my passcode but i can't even put in my passcode. the touch screen wont work. every few minutes that screen refreshes.

i dont know what i'm supposed to do at this point? i dont know how to change the file on the phone either, do i have to download something on my computer to do that? AHHH help me please. thankssssssssss!

so and update:

i tried restoring it and nothing was happening, i still got the same page asking for my passcode and its really annoyhing cuz i dont nkow what else i can do with it. any suggestions?!

Put it in DFU mode and restore it. if you dont know how to do that read the wiki.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

bamrbam161 (2008-04-18)

so now my problem is that i can't even get my phone to open up in itunes cuz i can't even touch my screen to put in my passcode. so itunes won't open it up. and when i try to put it in dfu mode, it wont work either cuz it can't detect the phone or something

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

then you haven't properly put it in DFU. with itunes open but the phone powered on and disconnected, press both the sleep/wake button and home button until the phone shuts off. release the sleep/wake button but continue to hold onto the home button and plug your phone in. itunes should then recognize your phone and ask you to restore. your screen should be black when in dfu mode

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

bamrbam161 (2008-04-21)