View Poll Results: Which firmware is better?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

9 31.03%

16 55.17%
  • waiting for a newer one

4 13.79%
  • niether

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here we go agian.....

Default Here we go agian.....
    i knwo there is several guides out about apps on 1.1.1, but i was wondering is it best to upgrade to 1.1.1 or just stay where i am at?

i see a lot of apps going to 1.1.1 does that mean the old firmware is dead?

either way if upgrading is the thing to do then what is the best way for a dummy to do it? or easiest most idiot proof way rather?

i use ibricker on windows and my iphone is still on at&t just a bunch of apps on it.

i know you guys get tired of these post, but any help is greatly appreciated......thanks

Thanks

yes 1.1.1 is better..you might as well prepare for upgrade

why is 1.1.1 better?

Quote Originally Posted by atlking View Post
    why is 1.1.1 better?
    why the actual firmware is better...is just because of the upgrades to the already awesome iphone. itunes music store, double click on the home button can allow you to go to your favorites call list or to ipod music controls instead of having to switch back to the ipod app out of whatever you're currently in, the double space feature that adds a ". "....and a few other random features here and there.

not to mention that all third party apps out now are only going to be developed for 1.1.1 and may not work anymore on 1.0.2
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

I finally did it yesterday. Go ahead and use this :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176

First upgrade in iTunes to 1.1.1 firmware and set up as a new phone so all your apps are gone. Then run the program. It walks you through the whole thing. The url for the tiff exploit has been changed. There are mirrors, just look through the posts for it.

last i heard, the tiff exploit method screws up syncing with itunes...did they ever fix that?
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone know if there is any iBrickr type app for 1.1.1 that I can use to transfer my .pac file to my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    last i heard, the tiff exploit method screws up syncing with itunes...did they ever fix that?
    I had no problems at all. If there was a sync problem it sure is gone now.

At least for me, 1.0.2 is better because I am by no means a hacker, so until AppTapp comes out for 1.1.1, I see no need to update.