Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Touchscreen not reacting after sleepmode

Default Touchscreen not reacting after sleepmode
    Hello everyone.

I got a used 1.1.1 iPhone with 3.9BL jailbroken and unlocked about a week ago. Problem is that when waking it up from a sleepmode longer that ~15mins, the "Slide to Unlock"- slider won't react at first. Only after 15-45secs it reacts, unlocks and from then on the touchscreen reacts without problems- no dead strips etc. either. The problem only appears after a longer period in sleepmode when trying to use the "unlock"- or "accept call"- sliders.

I've also tried restoring it to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking/unlocking it again- but the problem still appears without changes.

I just hope this isn't a version of the dead strip problem that gets worse over time so that I will have to change the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Try restore and activate/jailbreak again. But when you sync iTunes first time, choose Set new iPhone DO NOT choose restore old data.

I've tried restoring (without restoring my old data) a few times now, but no change in behavior... As of yesterday, the touchscreen doesn't react at all- seems like I will have to replace it or sell the phone.

What do you think are the odds of this happening again- is the new screen likely to lose its function, too? Are there different display manufacturers for the iPhone and can I see which one the replacement unit I'm buying is from in any way?

I have the same problem does anyone have a solution ?

I'm on a 1st generation iPhone with unlocked/jailbreaked 2.1. I already tryed to restore the iPhone without restoring my old data but it doesn't works.

Is it possible that a background process is blocking everything ? (Because I saw that some times my iPhone just takes a screenshot of my Springboard).

Thanks to all the people who read me and tried to figure out what is going on with my phone.