Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use iphone as internet modem

Default How to use iphone as internet modem
    Can somebody please tell me how can i use my iphone as an internet modem. I have seen one guide where the iphone is used to tether via wifi but i do not have wifi on my desktop.

Can somebody please point me to a guide and write a guide about how to use iphone as internet modem via regular sync cable or bluetooth.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It is not possible on bluetooth. The iPhone bluetooth only supports headsets (but it might have more features in later updates).

is it possible through the sync cable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I havn't heard of anyone trying to use the iPhone as a modem through the cable, so I couldn't tell you.

the proxy app that you can install via installer.app allows this

The ONLY Application I Found Was Called Tiny Proxy And It Is Just For TEHTHERING Over Wifi.
    Last edited by hussain; 2007-10-26 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hussain View Post
    The ONLY Application I Found Was Called Tiny Proxy And It Is Just For TEHTHERING Over Wifi.
    Why would you want to use Bluetooth when tethering over WiFi is so much faster?

because i don't have wifi...read the first post please

Quote Originally Posted by hussain View Post
    Any instructions on how to do this exactly? I installed TinyProxy via Installer.app and now i don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this.

Heres a link to a website on how to tether using os x. Sorry couldn't find one for windows but im sure its out there. Worked like a charm for me!

http://dragonforged.com/blog/2007/09...os-x.html#more

Make sure and check question answer part at the bottom for helpful tips.