Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Won't Restore

Default iPhone Won't Restore
    Hi,
    I have had my iPhone for about a month now, unlocked on rogers in canada, and everything has been great... up until now...
    So i have been following the 1.1.1 update for awhiel now waiting for an easy way to update and it is finally available.
    so today i sat down and come to my favourite iPhone site (this one) and start follwing the instructions on virginizing my phone. i got to jsut before enterying the bbupdater part of the terminal commands. then everything stops working for some reason. turns out my dad disconnected the wireless in the house. so my iPhone freezes. i do a hard restart (holding "home" and "top" buttons till its off) then i plug it back into the dock and turn it on and it is not finding my carrier or edge or wi-fi and tells me i can't make incoming or outgoing calls. NO WIRELESS!!! how do i finish... well i decide its time to restore my phone and start from scratch. yeah it won't restore...

when i tried to update to the 1.0.2 firmware file it extracts then gives me an error saying it cannot restore. so i then get a picture on my phone, when i try to get the the yellow triangle screen, of an iPhone dock cable with an arrow pointing to the iTunes logo.

i figured its worth a shot to update it to the new firmware then work my way down or something... no dice it goes through the whole process and at the end gives me another <The iphone "iphone" can not be restored...>

So at this point im pretty annoyed and prayhing this hasent royally f****d me...

Please Help!!!!!!!!

- Mitch
    Last edited by MitchTheBoss; 2007-10-25 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks

mmmmmmmm.a riddle.?or just vaugeness from hell!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    mmmmmmmm.a riddle.?or just vaugeness from hell!!!!
    haha sorry i hit the wrong button and submitted it so i had to edit it

Thanks

uninstall itunes then reinstall..