Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help. Where do I start.

Default Please Help. Where do I start.
    I have read hundreds of posts and it seems that the process is version dependent. My phone is new out of the box. Never activated. If I connect to iTunes it wants me to activate the phone with ATT. I can't figure out where to start with out the version. Also, which hack program is the best to use. It could be that I am confused, it appears there are several unlock softwares. I want to use the SIM from my work cell , Cingular service. I have a Windows XP based PC.

i just started the jailbreak process and have had great sucess. Idemocracy is all you need. make sure you read the whole thread and go slowly. follow the directions EXACTLY. here is the link:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=69806
    good luck. as i said, i am very new, but i will help if you need it.

First you need to determine what firmware your iPhone came in. At the activate screen, slide for emergency, then dial *3001#12345#*.

Tap on Versions. "Firware version" tells you what firmware you have:

03.14.08_G is 1.0.2
    04.01.13_G is 1.1.1

The firmware will determine the path you take from here. Follow the guides in the forums accordingly.

The method will also depend on your platform: Mac or Windows. So check in the right forum.

The process is convoluted, so you need to do A LOT of reading.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2007-10-25 at 01:53 AM. Reason: correction
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

kevinsmith84047 (2007-10-25)