Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very low volume on the actual Phone?

Default Very low volume on the actual Phone?
    Hey all

iPhones fine at the moment, however when im talking to people its very hard to hear them through the standard minispeaker on the ear-section of the iphone (i have to use the headphones), is there any way to make it louder? can't seem to find an option through the settings, perhaps a softmod? or is it on its limit already?

regards!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yodjone View Post
    Hey all

iPhones fine at the moment, however when im talking to people its very hard to hear them through the standard minispeaker on the ear-section of the iphone (i have to use the headphones), is there any way to make it louder? can't seem to find an option through the settings, perhaps a softmod? or is it on its limit already?

regards!
    While you're on the phone (talking) press the volume up button on the side of the iPhone. If all the little squares are white, you're at max.

Cheers, laugh

it was at 50%, pretty stupid of me not to look at the side, got a plastic case on at the moment that kinda covers that button, so it dosent come naturally to press it, firmware modding is easy, yet volume modding still seems a bit of a tricky one for me, ha

mind you its still not that much louder, but definetly an improvement, cheers!

Have you removed the screen protector? It covers the speaker near your ear.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

atifds9 (2008-05-01)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post

i just poked a hole in myne and its like 100 times better

Go to the "modding>file mods" section of this forum and check out the [fix]Volume/speaker.... thread. It works! I've done it to 10 phones, some 1.0.2 & some 1.1.1 & it improved handset volume on all of them as well as the external speaker sounds. It makes the headphone volume a little too loud, but you can just turn it down with the phone to compensate.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yodjone View Post
    Hey all

regards!
    ya mines low via the ear piece also. Reviews say it's a "phone that includes an ipod". In reality functionally "it's an ipod that includes a phone".
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    OMG thanks for this I'm such a idiot been annoying me for days and didn't even realise as i was keeping the screen protector on to save the screen my bad