Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Won't Turn Off?

Default IPhone Won't Turn Off?
    Hey guys, I'm having a weird problem with my Iphone. Whenever I slide to power off, the phone just goes off for a second and the apple logo comes back up and the phone comes back on. I've tried doing a hard reset, but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried resetting settings from the phone, no success. I have my phone jailbreaked and 3rd party apps, but that's all--no hardware mods or anything like that. Please help!

try pressing the menu button and then press the power button. This will shut it down

I have tried everything.. this will now power off my iphone.
    it just restarts it.

You could try running it down to no battery so it turns itself off. Then when its totally dead plug it in to Itunes... this type of thing has worked for me before when iPhone or iPod freezes. I don't know if it would work for you, but you could try.

Restoring the backup from iTunes could work as well. But check this doesn't brick your phone first, I've never done it.

Otherwise I can only suggest putting up with it, or wiping your iPhone and installing everything again. If you're too lazy to do this yourself, many phone shops are prepared to do it for you for a fee, and they can save your phonebook and photos. They can upgrade you to the latest firmware too.

My first suggestion is the easiest and safest. Try that first.