Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help!!! Phone won't power on!

Default Please Help!!! Phone won't power on!
    My phone just stopped working. I can't even boot it. I tired using Ziphone to put it in DFU mode, but it won't even power on to allow the computer to identify the phone.

I managed to get power to it once but it flashed a few times then just stayed white.

I have only had the phone for three months and have been anal with it. It has always been in a silicon cover and had a screen protector on it. It has not been dropped or gotten wet.

Please help!!!! I am in Australia so I cannot take it to Apple as the phone has not been officially released here yet.

Does anyone know how I can fix it or know anywhere in Sydney I can get it fixed?

Thanks

Oooo that sounds bad are you sure you cant boot it holding the home button and into recovery mode?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

I tried that, I can't get power to it at all.

I have tried holding the home and power buttons to get it into recovery mode. Then I have tried the home button for 10 secs after that, and it still did not work.

Is it possible I have put it in DFU mode so now it won't power on?

Has anyone had the same problem and got it fixed?

Thanks

IS it charged does it have a working battery cuz it sounds like it has a dead battery. what where you doing when this happened?
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

I was listening to music then hopped in my car, and went to turn the music off, but the music turned off and the screen went black.

I tried charging it over night but that didn't help. I have only had it for 2 1/2 months so I don't know why the battery would do this.

Seemed like you bought it bad. Sorry my man, looks like you might have to crack into the hardware yourself.

What would the problem be? Is it just the battery?

Thanks

fried possibly?

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks

was it jailbroken or modded in any way did you use it AS a cell phone with telstra or was it like an iPod with the extra feautres