Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i-phone problem some buttons not working in some applications

Default i-phone problem some buttons not working in some applications
    hi folks, come across a problem and any help would be much appreciated. Imported a new 8 Gb i-phone from America a while back. Seemed to be working fine but now all of a sudden, the bottom row of buttons do not work in text, e-mail, youtube and safari. (in text for example it is the exclamations button, space bar and return which do not function). If safari is turned to landscape all of the buttons work fine. I have restored and went through the jail-break routine a few times since but the problem persists. As it has been brought from America i have no warranty here.

Thanks in advance.

anyone any ideas??

any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by sonofjurelle; 2008-04-16 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well try restoring a few more times but DO NOT jailbreak, if all else fails, its probably a defective iphone. but im not exactly god so i cant be 100% sure.

Yeah sounds like a hardware fault i'm afraid mate - a problem with the touch sensing element of the screen

Best bet is probably to ebay it as faulty and buy a new handset, which sucks I know..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it can't be a hardware problem is it works in certain apps or springboard and not others. make sure when you restore and rejailbreak, you're setting it as a new phone in itunes and not restoring from your backup