Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buff the screen, should i?

Default Buff the screen, should i?
    I have got little bit of scratches on the screen can i get it buffed so the scratches will get removed, should i do that?

If the compound works on glass surfaces you can try. Remember the top of the screen is glass. Maybe try on another glass surface first to make sure it will not become dull. I have for example something called Displex made in Germany for regular phone screens meaning plastic ones, and it does remove scratches. I even used it on my motorcycle taillight the other day to remove a scratch and it worked. I am sure there is something out, that works on glass. Of course glass is harder. They can even fix cracked ( if a stone hit it ) windshields on cars these days.
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-04-15 at 09:41 AM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

I would say its doable just make sure you use a LIGHT buffing compound and DONT try to use a machine to buff it.

I have professionally buffed glass before (windows, car windshields) and it is doable. Just make sure you apply light even pressure and take your time. I would recommend going over it several times.