Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bricked iphone please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bricked iphone please help
    hello I downloaded a couple things in my installer everything was good, later i make call and i cant hear in me earpiece but people can hear me and im not using any ear piece just phone. So i do a hard reset and then it comes up with a charging end with a arrow up to a cd with a mucis note over top of it. My boy that unlocked it said he tried to restore phone through itunes but wouldnt take can you help me please

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

you might of held the hard reset too long and threw it into DFU mode. try booting the phone with either ziphone or ibrickr and see if it boots..what did you install by the way?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

firstly, what does iTunes show when u connect ur iphone to the computer? If you can see your iPhone in iTunes, and a grayed 'update' button and a clickable Restore button, your phone should be in DFU mode.

Download a fresh piece of firmware at http://broomvideos.com/winpwn/boot2.php towards the left you can choose which firmware you like. CARE THAT YOU HAVE IPHONE NOT IPOD TOUCH. Connect your iphone, hold Shift and click restore, find the iphone firmware file and open it. iTunes will restore your iphone... When you're at the activation screen, you can use iLiberty to unlock your phone.
    Last edited by squaresoft; 2008-04-15 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo

Get ZiPhone it's free i've brick mine many times and this has sorted it no problems everytime.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jason1979 View Post
    hello I downloaded a couple things in my installer everything was good, later i make call and i cant hear in me earpiece but people can hear me and im not using any ear piece just phone. So i do a hard reset and then it comes up with a charging end with a arrow up to a cd with a mucis note over top of it. My boy that unlocked it said he tried to restore phone through itunes but wouldnt take can you help me please
    the image you see on your iphone means your phone is in the recovery mode. Since iTunes won't let you restore, you need to put the phone in DFU mode by pressing and holding the home and sleep/wake button until the phone turns off. let go of the sleep/wake button and plug the usb cord into your phone (with itunes already open) and continue to hold the home button. your phone screen will remain black. continue to hold the home button until itunes sees your phone in recover mode and prompts you to restore. then restore