Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Call is waiting at other party' - does it exist?

Default 'Call is waiting at other party' - does it exist?
    Hi

Considering an iPhone at the moment, and I can't find if this feature exists or not. I know my Nokia phones never had it, but my last few Sony Ericsson phones have all supported this:

When you call someone, and they are on the phone, my SE phone will beep once and display the message 'Call is waiting at other party' - which lets you know why the other person might not answer your call.

Does the iPhone give any indication of this?

Thanks

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by csmager View Post
    Hi

Considering an iPhone at the moment, and I can't find if this feature exists or not. I know my Nokia phones never had it, but my last few Sony Ericsson phones have all supported this:

When you call someone, and they are on the phone, my SE phone will beep once and display the message 'Call is waiting at other party' - which lets you know why the other person might not answer your call.

Does the iPhone give any indication of this?

Thanks

Charlie
    In a word: Nope!

is there any way to enable it by hacking ???

In a word: Nope!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

noooooooo i am really dissapointed....I badly need this lil mod. Isn't there anyone who can make it possible ??? well just a thought....I belive it can be done by some modding of code...well don't have much idia abt this.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet it could be done. But I'm sure it's a lot of work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

I learned that when you are listening to the 'ring' sound, if it sort-of hangs at the end and beeps, they are on the other line.

ya, it depends on a secret tone which only some carriers make and special software (which is not for iphone) to hear it

it depends on both carrier & handset..well all carrier support (atleast in my country) this feature now this days also all set but (sigh) iPhone.....but if ur calls set to forwarded when u r busy, iPhone does show a messege like "call forward activated". So I thing (not sure though) it is also possible for out going call waiting notification. Just waiting for someone to come & help...

so there is no 1 to rescue all iPhone users ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i really need to know if the one i am calling have a call so i understand that he wont be able to answer me