Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Doesnt "see" SIM anymore + no restore!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Doesnt "see" SIM anymore + no restore!
    First time I've ever needed help, and I've been an iPhone owner since November. Im running pwned 1.1.4 JB 8gb with a prepaid ATT account.

First, iTunes 7.6.2 will not let me restore (1015 error), its constant, Have tried on 2 other Macs with same results, I've downgraded and reinstalled iTunes properly, still no luck.
    I know the difference between DFU and Recovery mode and how to enter either one from way back, so I know im doing that part right!

Second, the iPhone does not find my SIM card anymore, all I get is no signalbars, (not No service) and no ATT carrier logo. I went and bought another SIM card, registred and activated it, still doesnt work!

Anybody, any ideas!

And if somebody else have the same problem,but no solution!, just subscribe to the thread, DONT reply with the same questions I just posed!

Thanks

1015!?! Thats super bad!. You need to replace it. Nothing else to say or can help. You must replace. Hopefully you still have your warrenty.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, solved it!

Wasnt as "superbad" as our helpful friend here claimed it to be! But hey, maybe he too can learn something from it!

Erasing the bandloader (iClarified in the Installer) opened it up for restoring and to recognize the SIM!

Thanks!

Sorry for disturbing your thread, but do you think your solution maybe help me too?
    (Similar Problems)

My thread ...

Question about erasing the baseband via the iClarified Tool:

Will the tool install a new baseband after erasing it?

The "more info" page tells me, that this tool is made for 4.4.1 basebands, but I have a 4.4.5 baseband.
    Give a damn about that?
    Last edited by Birke; 2008-04-14 at 08:10 PM.

Woha, this is just like my question I just posted, except I have absolutely no base band.

I'm going to guess iClarified is for the iphone, so how did you install it on your phone if WiFi doesn't work?

Thanks!

@zekep: Nobody told its wifi was out of order.
    Last edited by Birke; 2008-04-14 at 08:41 PM.

my wifi doesnt work....