Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to Buy Iphone?

Default Where to Buy Iphone?
    Hello all,
    I am at the beginning of the process and curious as to where I can purchase an iPhone. It seems that I can order one from the online Apple store without having to simultaneously buy an AT&T contract, but I'm worried that Apple may take some measures to force customers who purchase iPhones to activate through ATT after the purchase. Can I simply get one from the online Apple store (this seems easiest and less expensive than many on Ebay) and unlock it, or will I be somehow blocked from using it w/o an ATT contract?
    Thank you all very much for your help.
    Ian

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

You can buy an iPhone from AT&T (or Apple, or eBay etc) and not be forced to sign the 2 year agreement when you purchase it. In the activation through iTunes is when you sign another agreement. Personally I activated mine through iTunes but I believe if you activate it through some of the software on this forum it by-passes the agreement.

Thanks

What you do is buy an iPhone only from apple. When you get your iPhone it should already be the latest version (1.1.4). From there download iLiberty or Pwnage Tool. Connect your iPhone and unlock it!! You will never be forced to activate it with AT&T if you don't activate it with iTunes at first and your AT&T sim is not in.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks for your help!
    If anyone else has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that a few Apple stores have started to force you to activate in-store using iTunes... probably just another rumor.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

i bought mines off the apple refurbished site. I don't know if they have anymore on there!