Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone replacement battery

Default iPhone replacement battery
    Hey I was going to buy a replacement battery for my iphone and was wondering if anyone had replaced their battery and where did you buy it from. How does it perform compared to the original and has anyone tried this higher capacity battery:

http://shop.eten.hu/mugen-power-ipho...oor-p-251.html

Any advice is appreciated..

I have yet to replace the battery in mine so I dont know if these extended batteries really work. However I know this site www.ifixit.com sells the original battery and its guaranteed to work, so you might want to check that out.

Any updates to this I am also considering replacing my battery myself. I am not to concerned about the process but I would like to replace it with a quality battery or a better one if available. Anyone know if there are actual good extended ones?

just be very very careful... you have to solder them on the motherboard. I ruined a perfectly good mother board when the main (red) lead terminal busted off of the actual board. Luckily I backed up my iphone before I did that. I can still connect the firewire-ac adapter, won't work with the USB, not enough power to stay on. But once I disconnect it, obviously dies. Was thinking of getting an external battery, but I ended up getting a new mother board with a battery attached... what a pain. Just take it easy in the install, don't rush anything. I ended up getting a 1350, for like $8 on ebay, but I haven't been able to test it, sadly...