Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Bricked? Broke? ..help!

Default iPhone Bricked? Broke? ..help!
    Alright my buddy was using ZiPhone's Refurbish on his phone and after doing so it froze up and crashed, after many differnt tries from restore errors to unable to virginize it seems the phone is bricked. Apple is unwilling to work on the phone because the serial number is not registered with AT&T so that doenst help either.
    Does anyone have any ideas, i looked around and tried many things? Also is there anways to flash (or reformat) the whole iphone getting ride of everything, or anything other then itunes restore?

Thanks alot, anything (useful) is greatly appreciated!

Put into recovery mode and restore to 1.1.4. If you get the lovely 1015 use Ziphone to boot in normal mode.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Put in DFU restore mode and restore to 1.1.4 and then re-ziphone.

DFU Restore: Boot phone... hold power and home until the screen goes BLACK. Immediately let go of power and continue to hold home button... plug into iTunes (screen still BLACK) and within a few seconds it should register in recovery mode. You may then release home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Well, this is actually my phone

When trying to restore (tried 7.5.0.19 and 7.5.0.20, fw 1.1.1-1.1.4) it gets a error.. usually error 6, and seeing through the logs, it says that it cannot verify the intallation, and the partition may not be bootable.

DFU gives the same error, and iBrickr, independence and ziphone cant get it out of recovery.

i have the same problem but when i use the dfu recovery itunes says that the ipod update server cannot be contact? i dont understand

poppasin that happen to me reinstall ur itunes will fix it, its trying to check if thers a new version.. but

as far as my problem, we tried DFU and resotre to 111 and 114, even used ibrick and viginize scripts..

anyone else got any ideas?

You might need to delete some apps... how much space has been taken up. cause you knowthere is a limit

The screen currently is the connect to iTunes logo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Check some videos in YouTube, first approach...... They may not be in the same position as you but as far as you know and understand the situation of you iPhone you may be able to pick up some important points of what they say in the video, or you can even catch up with some steps your phone is left at the point you know where.

I would say don't use ziphone, just do a DFU because apparently you can go into DFU anytime you like, make a complete restore. to older firmware like 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. IF that does not work, try to flash your bootloader to 3.9 using iLiberty+...

OR use pwnage...

For me I always make sure i have the latest iTunes, and I always download ispw files in my computer rather than depending on iTunes to download the file and restore my phone straight after... Looking at your situation, I suggest you to make sure iTunes is working correctly. Sometimes if you get error 1015, you need to use softwares like iBrickr to jump out of recovery. If iPhone backgroud turns green, you will need to restore again! If that persists, i would say it's your iTunes which is causing the problem perhaps repeat all jailbreaking and unlocking steps with other computer...]

hope that helps!

Im not sure if the bootloader was ever reflashed but i doubt thats it, yet i still will try it.. as far as anything else doesnt work just get error like 4 or 6 and different computers and itunes dont change that.. is pwnage out for windows yet - i was thinking maybe that could fix it..
    Is there no way to just whip the whole flashdrive/hdd (whatever) blank and reinstall the iphones stuff, instead of just rewriting the firmware in itunes

seems like nothing is working? anyone got any ideas - thnx in advance

Thanks

say you bought the phone but never got round to activating it, connected it to itunes and nothing happens. your really confused, hope they don't question you to much.

by law, apple themselves have to give you support on their product within the first 12 months of purchase, if they can't diagnose a problem or help you in store, a replacement phone.

I'm having a similiar issue with my device. I'm running a 1.1.2 OTB upgraded to 1.1.4 then jailbroken / activated / unlocked using iplus2.0 originally. It worked fine until last weekend when I went out of town and didn't bring my charger. The battery ran down completely and for awhile it looked like the phone wouldn't charge. However, it finally started charging and looked like it would recover. However, when booted into normal mode it would intermittently lose service and eventually reached a point where it would ONLY boot into DFU mode. I've tried to use iTunes to do a restore and it failed with an error(6) every time. I've tried on multiple USB ports, multiple PCs, and even tried to restore on my Mac Mini. I've tried 1.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and 1.1.4. I also saw a post that suggested using iBrickr to push the phone to "Green Screen" while iTunes is restoring and that failed, as well. Any suggestions as to how I could proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    say you bought the phone but never got round to activating it, connected it to itunes and nothing happens. your really confused, hope they don't question you to much.

by law, apple themselves have to give you support on their product within the first 12 months of purchase, if they can't diagnose a problem or help you in store, a replacement phone.
    They said its not an att activated phone and thers nothing they can do

Quote Originally Posted by gatesjr03 View Post
    how would they know if its not att activated ? lets say if you have att but hacktivated is there any way they can find out you didn't activate it using itunes

yes. The serial# is not registered with a att service, therefor, they do not repair the phone, as the guarantee only covers it when activated...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatesjr03 View Post
    well tell them that's not good enough and ask to speak to store manager etc etc. dont take no for an answer.

if they look at it and find out you have been tinkering with it, worst they will say is no.